No. 18 Marshall vs UAB thread

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Rightfully, UAB gets a lot of grief over the attendance at their games. But, here's a photo of Memorial stadium, home of the Illinois Fighting Illini at kickoff of their game today against Penn St. The endzone on the left is the student section. I know they're a bad team, but...

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
Final score Marshall 23-18.

So glad Marshall was able to survive that one. It felt like a game they would lose from the start...

11-0! Just one more game next week, then Louisiana Tech in the CCG, I guess?

I really hope they can keep their heads and win out. I want them to be 13-0 at the end of the season, and then probably watch them STILL not get any respect by the playoff committee, and everyone will see what a circus it really is.

The way I see it is that if you win all of your games, and there's only one other unbeaten (if that), you should get your shot.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

So glad Marshall was able to survive that one. It felt like a game they would lose from the start...

I really hope they can keep their heads and win out. I want them to be 13-0 at the end of the season, and then probably watch them STILL not get any respect by the playoff committee, and everyone will see what a circus it really is.

The way I see it is that if you win all of your games, and there's only one other unbeaten (if that), you should get your shot.
Really? Maybe they can put them number one next week and reward them for playing absolutely no one at all.

You can't be serious, right?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Honestly, I think you could take a couple of teams from the big who actually play football and put them in the big 12 or acc and just shut down a few of the other football programs without too many people even noticing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nevermind.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

Marshall gets no respect because the best team they've played all year (literally) is 7-4 Rice. The second best team they've faced, and the only other opponent with a winning record, is 6-5 Middle Tennessee State. Their other 9 opponents include a 1-11 FCS team (how bad do you have to be to be 1-11 in the FCS? Even Western Carolina is 7-5), all have losing individual records, and have a combined record of 33-68 (.327). This is one of the softest schedules I've ever seen an FBS team play, and they're going to get crushed in their bowl game if they play anyone with less than 3 losses.

Honestly, I do think the committee is dropping the ball in not even putting them in the top 25. But in no way, shape, or form should this team be anywhere close to sniffing the top 4, undefeated or not.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Let's let Harvard in the playoff. They finished their season 10-0. And, hey, they can only play the teams on their schedule.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.