Winston pushing referee before the snap

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And with every passing moment, Jimbo Fisher further channels his inner George Costanza...
"Was that wrong? Should he not have done that? 'Cause I gotta plead ignorance on this. I mean, if you had told me that this kind of thing was looked down upon..."

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
...if this action against an official goes without punishment the NEXT kid like Jamison will be MUCH Worst! And we allowed it.
Any successful military leader, business owner, or parent can tell you that inconsistency destroys discipline. Your comment nicely sums up my dismay with the whole situation.

Tidefan1

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2013
I have a vague memory of McClain pushing a ref in the Georgia dome and nothing happened. I don't remember many of our fans up in arms about it either.
McClain was flagged for that play. Why would our fans be up in arms about it when he didn't go unpenalized? This comparison makes no sense. SMH

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I blame the ref for not throwing the flag. Fisher is just embarrassing himself by saying the push wasn't intentional.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
He could get away with whatever he wants. I am over thinking anything will ever be done.

"@McMurphyESPN: ACC says contact b/w Winston & official in BC game incidental & insignificant; didn’t deserve unsportsmanlike penalty"

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
He could get away with whatever he wants. I am over thinking anything will ever be done.

"@McMurphyESPN: ACC says contact b/w Winston & official in BC game incidental & insignificant; didn’t deserve unsportsmanlike penalty"

TrueCrimson7: "College Football Playoff Committee says FSU's come-from-behind wins against unranked teams are incidental and insignificant; don't deserve a playoff spot."

Edit: to highlight original quote

TENNTIDE1

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Bartlett, Tn. U.S.A.
Actually, this incident shows my biggest problem with the HUNH offense. The offense is trying to dictate the pace of play to the point of pushing officials out of the way to snap the ball before officials are in proper position. It is a huge advantage to the offense if the officials are not in the proper position and don't even have time to count the players and check for legal formations, etc. I see Malzahn screaming at the officials to get the ball set so they can snap the ball.

At some point, the officials have to get control of the game again.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Why is anyone surprised about anything this idiot does anymore?
He has a HISTORY of idiotic actions performed on and off the field; therefore, I think you are correct in using the term idiot!

I think the ACC is afraid to take action. They would then catch heat from J. J. or the R. S. They probably don't want to deal with
that.

Now, I've never seen an official linger in that position (behind the center/left guard, but you just don't shove an official! I always
thought it was an official who would position himself on the defensive side of the ball holding up play for substitutions on defense since the offense had substituted. I think this is another problem with the HUNH offense that must be dealt with. Apparently in an article on ESPN, an eighth official experiment with in the ACC took that position if I understand that article correctly.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually, this incident shows my biggest problem with the HUNH offense. The offense is trying to dictate the pace of play to the point of pushing officials out of the way to snap the ball before officials are in proper position. It is a huge advantage to the offense if the officials are not in the proper position and don't even have time to count the players and check for legal formations, etc. I see Malzahn screaming at the officials to get the ball set so they can snap the ball.

At some point, the officials have to get control of the game again.
Actually, AU ranks low in the SEC in number of plays per game at around 70. We're ahead at 78, thanks to Kiffen. We're averaging more than A&M also...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.