Winston pushing referee before the snap

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
ESPN officiating commentator said it should have been a penalty and an ejection for Monsieur Winston.
Jason Sehorn took issue with the ejection, but, given the opportunity to ask Sehorn, I would have to ask him, "If a player touches an official in anger (and Winston obviously was angry at the official for getting in his way and preventing him from snapping the ball), what exactly does he have to do to merit an ejection? Use a weapon?"

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
And let me add, what inkling of respect I had for Fisher before all this started has long since evaporated.
That is where I stand. Rapeis is a sociopath. He will not control himself and the only way this gets stopped is for the adults to do it. It starts with Jimbo, FSUs president and BOD; the ACC leaders and the NCAA. Let's toss in the officials as well along with the TPD, the Florida attorney general and his daddy. I have never wished that someone from an opposing team end a player's career and I will not start now but I would not be upset if it happened.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
You know I just don't know what to say?

is he going to kill someone first to get the nations attention?

The NCAA stepped in very late on PSU so what did we learn from PSU no what did we forget?

All the justified Outrage over mostly the cover up is just forgotten.

FSU deserves the exact same punishment.

if this action against an official goes without punishment the NEXT kid like Jamison will be MUCH Worst! And we allowed it.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
That is where I stand. Rapeis is a sociopath. He will not control himself and the only way this gets stopped is for the adults to do it. It starts with Jimbo, FSUs president and BOD; the ACC leaders and the NCAA. Let's toss in the officials as well along with the TPD, the Florida attorney general and his daddy. I have never wished that someone from an opposing team end a player's career and I will not start now but I would not be upset if it happened.
Right On but what really makes me sick there is a lot of talk here about Winston being drafted by the Buc's

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
I have a vague memory of McClain pushing a ref in the Georgia dome and nothing happened. I don't remember many of our fans up in arms about it either.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
He needs to be humbled. If he gets injured, so be it.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I have a vague memory of McClain pushing a ref in the Georgia dome and nothing happened. I don't remember many of our fans up in arms about it either.
You're right...I didn't complain too much. But then again, if he had been penalized/ejected, I wouldn't have complained too much then either. Because I knew he would have earned the consequences. And being a Bama fan, embarrassed as I was for his action, I didn't really want to see him ejected. But I did not dismiss his action, he was wrong. Jameis is wrong, but it's up to the official to administer the punishment. So. of course the FSU fans are going to defend him, they're 'all in'. I hope we never get to that point where we would ignore such behavior.

Roll Tide!

BamaScooter16

1st Team
Aug 2, 2006
McCalla, AL
That was the Virginia Tech game in Atlanta in 2009. IIRC one of the VT receivers started shoving Ro and when the Ref came over to break it up, Ro though the Ref was another VT player about to gang up on him. When he realized that it was a ref he backed off and apologized, that's why he wasn't ejected. I remember the rest of the SEC was all up in arms about it, but that's only because they knew Bama was going to eat them all alive and then ask for seconds...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
And Danny has the "look the other way" mentality.

"@dannykanell: .@cv68457 7 officials on that field thought otherwise. Neither broadcaster doing the game thought anything of it either"

This sums up his whole rape case as well. "Since the police didn't think he did it...he must be innocent".

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Did anyone see Jimbo the Spineless this morning on SC? Oh my goodness. Said Jameis always does things the right way, only knows truth, and is simply amazing. He was not talking about on the field either. Got to find that link. Unreal.

BamaFanInTally

All-SEC
Nov 18, 2002
Tallahassee, FL, USA
As far as Danny Kanell's comment is concerned, I am reminded of what my grandfather once told me: "The best way for an idiot to appear smarter is to say nothing". It would appear that Kanell is living up to his reputation as the biggest idiot in college football, at least as far as analysts are concerned.

He makes Tim Brando look smart and objective, and that's very hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I don't have first hand knowledge, but I bet there are a lot of things with Ro CNS wishes he had handled differently as I have things as a parent doing over I would have done differently. All I'm saying is at some point (I don't know when) Jamis has to be held accountable or you end up with a Hernandez.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I grew up in Florida - they haven't lowered their standards, they've always been this low.
True. Jimbo had three years to learn at the feet of Bobby Bowden, the master of making excuses, covering up incidents and generally enabling bad behavior in the pursuit of winning games. Bowden is one of the biggest frauds in the history of college football.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't have first hand knowledge, but I bet there are a lot of things with Ro CNS wishes he had handled differently as I have things as a parent doing over I would have done differently. All I'm saying is at some point (I don't know when) Jamis has to be held accountable or you end up with a Hernandez.
Almost all of Boo's troubles occurred in his hometown, Decatur. In fact, after his freshman year, Ro became the enforcer, keeping the other players in line. Early on, in his freshman year, Boo went to CNS with a complaint. Coach explained his thinking and Ro said something to the effect of "That's it. You'll never have another moment's trouble out of me."

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I doesn't matter...he's gonna get injected, infected, rejected and ejected come this weekend.
Take it to the bank....lizards win.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This is getting a lot of traction in the social media world. Let's see if the ACC has integrity and if they do the right thing.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
He did. Against Virginia Tech on the first series. Ro was just over amped up and flailing around. Saban pulled him a minute and settled him down.

Ro didn't have near the habitual issues that Winston has though. Winston was actually undermining the ref in his actions. He is a loser in life.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.