****Bama vs. WCU Postgame Thread****

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I took my oldest son (5) to his FIRST football game yesterday, and aside from it becoming slightly windy and him getting cold he had a great time. It was much more crowded than other homecomings I have been to over the years, which was good as a whole (but sucked for parking). I though I would end up leaving in the third quarter, as aside from myself and my girlfriend, I had a 14 year old and a 5 year old with me. i left it up to my little man to decided if we left early, but his final say went like this:

Him - "Daddy, when do we here Rammer Jammer?"

Me - "The band plays it when the game is over"

H - "So when the clock is all 0's they play it?"

M - "Yes sir, that's when they play it."

H - "Well, we need to stay until after they play Rammer Jammer then."

I don't know if I have ever been more proud as a father!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Lots of arm strength.
Fairly consistently a second late getting the ball out of his hands.
This caused a number of problems for his receivers.
Lots of good material to work with over the next spring & summer, but Blake is still head and shoulders the better QB right now. JMO.
The gap has closed significantly. Blake has struggled with consistency as he threw behind his receivers all night.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We should never play a Southern Conference team again -- go play USC or Notre Dame home and home every year. Why? Lesser players have to go for the legs in order to survive against bigger, stronger athletes. I get it...and it is legal...but that doesn't mean you have to play them. This was the worst "sportsmanship" I have seen in a long time -- I have no respect for WCU or their coach. They could have cost Cooper millions with that cheap shot.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Coach mentioned our lack of enthusiasm before the game. I think the players knew to expect players going for their knee's all night. The SEC should end the practice of playing FCS teams for such reasons.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I thought there were a lot more chop blocks in this game than I have seen since we played the aubies... I sure hope we do not have any serious injuries but we should not be surprised by the amount of cheap tackling...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I thought there were a lot more chop blocks in this game than I have seen since we played the aubies... I sure hope we do not have any serious injuries but we should not be surprised by the amount of cheap tackling...
They were cutting us all game long. It was the only way they could handle the disparity in size and strength. A couple more of the cuts could have been called chops, although I don't remember another game when two got called. It occurred to me during the game that, when it comes to skill players, even FCS can pick up some. We could have used that tall rangy receiver they had. The problem comes from the fact that their players along the LOS - both sides - are quite a bit lighter, shorter and weaker. I think I come down on the side of no more FCS schools...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
They were cutting us all game long. It was the only way they could handle the disparity in size and strength. A couple more of the cuts could have been called chops, although I don't remember another game when two got called. It occurred to me during the game that, when it comes to skill players, even FCS can pick up some. We could have used that tall rangy receiver they had. The problem comes from the fact that their players along the LOS - both sides - are quite a bit lighter, shorter and weaker. I think I come down on the side of no more FCS schools...
Ditto that. It's become dangerous for the linemen to have to play them.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I took my oldest son (5) to his FIRST football game yesterday, and aside from it becoming slightly windy and him getting cold he had a great time. It was much more crowded than other homecomings I have been to over the years, which was good as a whole (but sucked for parking). I though I would end up leaving in the third quarter, as aside from myself and my girlfriend, I had a 14 year old and a 5 year old with me. i left it up to my little man to decided if we left early, but his final say went like this:

Him - "Daddy, when do we here Rammer Jammer?"

Me - "The band plays it when the game is over"

H - "So when the clock is all 0's they play it?"

M - "Yes sir, that's when they play it."

H - "Well, we need to stay until after they play Rammer Jammer then."

I don't know if I have ever been more proud as a father!

Coach Saban approves this message.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Wow.....I just watched the beginning for the first time. How the heck did they get the ball back after that fumble? Even if there was a whistle. The ball was already fumbled and on the ground?

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Could have sworn there was another early whistle later when Henry fumbled, but it was never talked about so maybe I heard wrong.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Anybody else getting a little scared for Reuben? He seems wobbly now after every time he makes contact.
Yes. If he has something wrong with his neck, he needs to sit. If there is nothing wrong with his neck and he keeps injuring himself because of poor tackling form, he needs to sit. Three games in a row he has wobbled after making a special teams tackle. Scary.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think an off season rehab will help him for next year.. I don't think it's nothing serious to where he'll need surgery or anything.
Yes. If he has something wrong with his neck, he needs to sit. If there is nothing wrong with his neck and he keeps injuring himself because of poor tackling form, he needs to sit. Three games in a row he has wobbled after making a special teams tackle. Scary.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think an off season rehab will help him for next year.. I don't think it's nothing serious to where he'll need surgery or anything.
On Twitter, he denied being woozy and said that it was just a neck problem from the LSU game and that he'll be all right. Personally, I think he's in denial about a lot. In addition, when it comes to surgery for neck problems, it frequently means the end of football, Peyton Manning notwithstanding...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I remember Peyton Manning's situation... If he's dealing with that in almost all games dated back to LSU game, s this more a recurring injury that may not going away for a while, or does he have rehab program where he has to do excercise to strength his range of motion and etc?
On Twitter, he denied being woozy and said that it was just a neck problem from the LSU game and that he'll be all right. Personally, I think he's in denial about a lot. In addition, when it comes to surgery for neck problems, it frequently means the end of football, Peyton Manning notwithstanding...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Could have sworn there was another early whistle later when Henry fumbled, but it was never talked about so maybe I heard wrong.
No, you didn't hear wrong. That was an inadvertent whistle play also. Was not administered correctly, as was the first one. Actually, if any of those refs had half a brain, they would have called both plays down by contact and let the replay official correct their dumb mistakes. Probably what they did on Henry's fumble.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.