****Bama vs. WCU Postgame Thread****

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Had to leave after the first drive of the 3rd. How did Coker look?
Lots of arm strength.
Fairly consistently a second late getting the ball out of his hands.
This caused a number of problems for his receivers.
Lots of good material to work with over the next spring & summer, but Blake is still head and shoulders the better QB right now. JMO.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
My positive takeaways were C.Sims and Ar.Stewart are both going to be weapons at WR going forward. Hopefully Stewart will be okay. Even if he misses the barn game he could really help fill the Drake roll in the SECCG and the Playoff....

AND....Tyren Jones MY GOODNESS!!!! He's going to wreck the SEC the next two years. He's a step quicker Mark Ingram wearing a different number :D

Bad takeaway.....the DB's STILL not looking for the ball. They have to look next week because NM is the king of 'close your eyes' hail mary passes and D.Williams and Coates are HUGE WR's. They will come down with jump balls if our guys don't look.....or we will keep getting flagged for PI. We have to start looking.
This is what I have been thinking since he has started to see more playing time.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Tyren Jones is going to be special. I was also glad to see Robert Foster in the game. This kid has a tremendous upside, he just needs to work on his blocking. I think the light will come on for Coker in 2015. RTR!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
My positive takeaways were C.Sims and Ar.Stewart are both going to be weapons at WR going forward. Hopefully Stewart will be okay. Even if he misses the barn game he could really help fill the Drake roll in the SECCG and the Playoff....

AND....Tyren Jones MY GOODNESS!!!! He's going to wreck the SEC the next two years. He's a step quicker Mark Ingram wearing a different number :D

Bad takeaway.....the DB's STILL not looking for the ball. They have to look next week because NM is the king of 'close your eyes' hail mary passes and D.Williams and Coates are HUGE WR's. They will come down with jump balls if our guys don't look.....or we will keep getting flagged for PI. We have to start looking.
When you can literally shove a DB five feet away from you when the ball is on the way it really don't matter if you look back or not. You can't defend that level of an advantage. Hence, it's ILLEGAL!!! (That's to the sec ref crew).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I think the team and coaches completely overlooked this game for next week. That is fine with me now that this game is in the win column. The injuries will likely sideline some of those players from practice time even if they can play next week. The last time that I felt Alabama came out looking that lethargic was against Arkansas....and look what we did in the game after that (T A and M). Roll Tide!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
When you can literally shove a DB five feet away from you when the ball is on the way it really don't matter if you look back or not. You can't defend that level of an advantage. Hence, it's ILLEGAL!!! (That's to the sec ref crew).

It would lessen the amount of PI's on us though if we look. When you just stumble into the WR and cause him to fall down and you aren't looking for the ball they will throw the flag everytime.

Also our guys aren't being pushed off everytime a pass gets through. They are blindly flailing their arms around hoping they touch ball while the opposing WR looks it in and catches it or lucky for us drops it.

Yeah we get pushed off some but we can control the other stuff if we play the ball when it's in the air.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
but he has a wind-up reminiscent of Hideki Nomo
It's kind of odd.

Big windup on deep balls.
Slow windup on short balls, as though he's carefully dialing it down.
But he's got a relatively quicker release on the intermediate routes.

I think a lot of it is due to the degree that he is thinking about the throw, rather than just making the throw automatically.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Took my 3 year old son to his second game today. Took him to the FAU game too (man was it hot). We had a great time. I already have a Bama game buddy. There were a ton of young families and young kids there today (HC) & the weather was perfect.

On the game- lots of great minutes for young players. The team was just flat at the outset. CNS said such in the post game. Pretty much the polar opposite from last week's atmosphere. When Coop went down 100k people let out an Oh crap! in unison. Really liked Tyren Jones and Chris Black. RTR. Beat AU.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
With Bama's win and Ole Miss' loss today, we have a little more breathing room for next week. If Ole Miss can now somehow win the Egg Bowl next week, then I believe we are SEC West Champs no matter what happens in the Iron Bowl. If we beat Auburn, we are going to the SECCG regardless of the Egg Bowl (which is the way it should end). We have the potential for 4 straight challenging games.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
It would lessen the amount of PI's on us though if we look. When you just stumble into the WR and cause him to fall down and you aren't looking for the ball they will throw the flag everytime.

Also our guys aren't being pushed off everytime a pass gets through. They are blindly flailing their arms around hoping they touch ball while the opposing WR looks it in and catches it or lucky for us drops it.

Yeah we get pushed off some but we can control the other stuff if we play the ball when it's in the air.
Well the first one cost a first down and later a td. CNS was livid. He was madder about the whistle though. I get what you are saying though.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
Took my 3 year old son to his second game today. Took him to the FAU game too (man was it hot). We had a great time. I already have a Bama game buddy. There were a ton of young families and young kids there today (HC) & the weather was perfect.

On the game- lots of great minutes for young players. The team was just flat at the outset. CNS said such in the post game. Pretty much the polar opposite from last week's atmosphere. When Coop went down 100k people let out an Oh crap! in unison. Really liked Tyren Jones and Chris Black. RTR. Beat AU.
Took my son and baby daughter too. It was a blast save for the nerve wracking injury potential.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Some pretty pointed post game remarks from WCU head coach about Kirk Herbstreit.. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/western_carolina_mark_speir_he.html
Awesome quote:

(You've got a) governor who, until the employment rate went down, he ain't takin' a paycheck," Speir said. "I wish some of those guys behind a (microphone) would work for a living too instead of putting their opinions out there."

"But I love your governor here. I love this program here and I'll give you a Roll Tide."

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Just got home, glad to hear the injuries are no worse than they are. We had some important guys on the ground today. Those chop blocks are brutal and they only called it on them twice although there were other opportunities.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.