Game Thread: UT vs Mizzou

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: UT vs Mizzu

Tennessee, AU, and UGA fans are sure the REC just struck again to make sure Bama gets Mizzou. ��

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

I think Tenn got jobbed on the first kick. Mizzu player touched the ball, they should have give Tenn the ball and a five yard penalty.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I think Tenn got jobbed on the first kick. Mizzu player touched the ball, they should have give Tenn the ball and a five yard penalty.
You didn't see the offsides penalty? Flag was thrown immediately after the kick well before the Mizzou player touched the ball. No jobbing here.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Glad that is over...I was about to punch something the next time I heard "turn down for what"

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

With our Rush defense.... woulnd't we be much better prepared to deal with a rushing attack like GA versus Matty Mawk (when he is hot) passing offense? I understand that GA is superior to MO... just a thought
That's what I'm thinking.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

they never officially called offsides and that is why people are confused.
I think the ref assumed Mizzu would decline the offsides since UT was thought to have illegal touching, which would have given Mizzu the ball. Once the replay determined Mizzu actually touched it first, then the UT offsides call was announced, which resulted in the 5 yard penalty and rekick.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

they never officially called offsides and that is why people are confused.
Yes, the announcers kept pointing out that the flag was thrown for offsides but it wasn't clear to everyone until after the review; the refs could then explain it all. They followed the proper steps but it wasn't clear to everone what was taking place; especially the UT fans that cheered when the ref announced that Missouri touched the ball just before letting them know about the offsides penalty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.