Good, Bad and Ugly West Cackalacky

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Good: Win
Bad: UWC opening drive. The call after the WCU fumble on the opening drive.
Ugly: So many Bama players helped off the field. Starting with Cooper.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Good: Win
Bad: UWC opening drive. The call after the WCU fumble on the opening drive.
Ugly: So many Bama players helped off the field. Starting with Cooper.
In a season of some poor SEC officiating, this game was really outstanding. Outstandingly bad.
The 2nd WCU TD was not a TD. The "do over" on the WCU fumble. The WCU center needed to be ejected for his second chop black. (I think it was the center that was called twice).

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Good - Bama won, a lot of backups got crucial playing time in the second half and some did very well.
Bad - mindless penalties (although at least one was quite questionable), not taking care of the ball.
Ugly - too many players got injured and had to leave the game. Bama needs everybody next week and the week after.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
In a season of some poor SEC officiating, this game was really outstanding. Outstandingly bad.
The 2nd WCU TD was not a TD. The "do over" on the WCU fumble. The WCU center needed to be ejected for his second chop black. (I think it was the center that was called twice).
I think this should be an automatic ejection penalty - it's dirty and it's almost never "accidental", even less so than some targeting calls.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think this should be an automatic ejection penalty - it's dirty and it's almost never "accidental", even less so than some targeting calls.
Well, that would probably end the practice. I remember Citadel players hinting that they were looking for "knees" against FSU earlier this year, so, unfortunately, some players apparently are looking to hurt opposing players.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Great - Blake has the BEST season stats of a first year Bama QB starter EVER and it's in only 11 games.

Blake: 2,676 yrds 20 TD's 4 Ints in 11 with more games to go PLUS he has 5 Rushing TD's
AJ: 2,634 yrds 16 TD's 5 Ints in 13 games
Gmac: 2,508 yrds 17 TD's 4 Ints in 14 games

Good - The Future with C.Sims and Ar. Stewart at WR and Tyren Jones at RB. Coker looked improved as well.

Bad - The DB's STILL not looking for the ball.

Ugly - W.Car's DIRTY DIRTY play which started a sickening amount of injuries to pile up.....hopefully none seem to be season enders.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Going for the knees is something option teams do. It's not necessarily dirty. Doing it when a guy is engaged is.
They got caught for just that twice. They probably did it more times. Have you ever seen CNS taking shots downfield up that big late? CNS was trying to run it up because of their dirty tactics imho.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Cheap shot on C. Jones out of bounds was sorry as crap too. As was so glad to see the end of the game. It was hard for the little man to grasp A) what a chop block was B) how low it is and C) why daddy was getting so hot about it. He said it was "mean!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They got caught for just that twice. They probably did it more times. Have you ever seen CNS taking shots downfield up that big late? CNS was trying to run it up because of their dirty tactics imho.
Nah, he was just trying to get Coker as much experience throwing the ball in a game as he could..

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Good: seeing all the young talent in the second half. The future is bright, my friends! Evans and Williams...oh my!
Bad: mistakes; lack of focus
Ugly: injuries; dirty play

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good - Bama won, a lot of backups got crucial playing time in the second half and some did very well.
Bad - mindless penalties (although at least one was quite questionable), not taking care of the ball.
Ugly - too many players got injured and had to leave the game. Bama needs everybody next week and the week after.
My list is the same.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Your list is perfect for me as well.

now it's time for a little pay back.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.