Dee Hart with six touchdowns against New Mexico

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Don't Coach Mac as a real contender for any of these openings around these parts but I see future Pac-12 coach on the horizon...unless they can get that Big-12 invite.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Why did he transfer from here?
PT. He had a small window to put a body of work together for scouts and he was looking at limited touches with us.

Dee has tremendous heart, but we have a lot of quality RBs and the coaches developed the younger guys when Dee had his two injuries and guys like Henry and Drake just passed him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
PT. He had a small window to put a body of work together for scouts and he was looking at limited touches with us.

Dee has tremendous heart, but we have a lot of quality RBs and the coaches developed the younger guys when Dee had his two injuries and guys like Henry and Drake just passed him.
Also, he doesn't really fit the physical somatype which Saban has historically favored at RB. I was a little puzzled when we recruited him...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Thanks for the info. I really didn't remember much about him and am glad he left on good terms. I hope CSU can grab the spot in the big bowls from Marshall.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix HS teammate and 5 star played some part.

Really happy for Dee and Coach Mac.
Yes, but Dee had his own credentials and schools interested in him. He won the Hall Trophy for the best player in the nation and was rated a five star by several sources. He has the kind of talent which has shown off well where he is now, but he wasn't really a good fit for the type offense Saban likes, and maybe not anywhere in the SEC...

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I think CNS really liked Dee & his toughness. I have no doubt that Coach Saban wanted him to have every opportunity & it's shows the close relationship between him & Coach Mac.

I M so happy this kid is getting a great opportunity & making the most of it.

Quite a contrast from other schools RB's that transfer.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
He just had horrible injury luck with us. Otherwise, I do think he would have been a solid contributor for us. There, though, he is capitalizing on being one of the feature backs. I hope he gets his shot in the NFL to help himself financially. As for Coach McElwain, he is demonstrating that he is ready for a bigger job if he wants it. I'm happy for both of those guys.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.