If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzou or Georgia?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzu or Georgia?

Georgia has far more talent and is used to playing in big games. Also, Georgia would be far more motivated given the loss to Alabama only 2 years ago. Most of the players on this Georgia team were also on that team.

Mizzou would be the easier opponent.

Assuming Alabama beats Auburn, my biggest concern is Alabama getting up for ANOTHER huge game one week later against any opponent.
I've been wishing ever since the SEC Championship Game was formed that we'd move the Auburn game to earlier in the season. I think it puts us at a disadvantage to have to play our biggest rival one week and then the championship the very next Saturday.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

I know the team has to beat the Barn next week in the IB, but let's look ahead and assume we whip some tail.
Actually we don't have to beat Auburn to go to the SECCG. If Ole Miss can pull out a miracle, our game doesn't matter in respect to the West winner. We would definitely be out of the playoffs though.

To answer your other question, I'd like to play Mizzou. My fiance's family are Mizzou fans, so I'd like to whip em good just for fun.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama

I believe Missou plays better away than Georgia. So, bring on the Dogs again. Roll Tide!!!

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzu or Georgia?

I'll take either one. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Mizzou- we can win and lead the series 3-2 against them.

UGA- give us our 3rd straight win over them.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA

Don't think we'll get to pick because as I've believed for several weeks, Hawgs beat Mizzou and we get to rip UGA's heart out once again !

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't know which team it'll be, but really I hope the team we face is the easier match-up.

We have nothing left to prove.

Regardless we've got at least four difficult games to play if we are going to walk away with the first CFPNC.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Consider this. Georgia beat the total dog out of Missouri.
They also beat the dog out of Auburn.
Missouri hasn't really beaten anybody.
I'd rather play Missouri.
sip
And, to your point, Mizzou lost to a 2-8 Indiana team.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Mizzou is clearly not as good as Georgia and we would have an easier time beating them. While Mizzou is a scrappy team, I have a hard time believing they will beat the Hogs who are playing as well as any team in the country right now.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Neither one of them scares me, but UGA does have a revenge factor from the game that they were 5 yards short of a BCSNC. (ha ha)
Both teams like to run the ball, I think UM has a better defense. We win either way but first the aubrens.

kapeman

Dec 13, 2011

While most everyone will agree GA is a more superior team than MO.... I wonder if we are more built to take on GA?? We have a rush defense that is pretty amazing. With MO, Matty Mauk gets hot at times (like he did in the 4th qtr tonight) with the passing offense. Either way I think we will be fine either way... just something to think about
I started the day wanting to play Mizzu but starting to think Bama may be a better match up with UGA. Both Mizzu and UGA will be coming off of physical games: Ark and Ga Tech.
You guys summed up my thoughts exactly. So either I am as smart as you or you aren't very smart! :)

I agree that GA is a better team, but we do match up better against them than Mizzu. I don't think UGA's passing game would be much of a threat. And we saw how FLA ran all over them.

I wonder if they still hold some bad feelings about the 2012 SEC Championship game?

In a way I hope we get Mizzu instead because I am going to Athens next season and I don't want to get spat on! :)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

You guys summed up my thoughts exactly. So either I am as smart as you or you aren't very smart! :)

I agree that GA is a better team, but we do match up better against them than Mizzu. I don't think UGA's passing game would be much of a threat. And we saw how FLA ran all over them.

I wonder if they still hold some bad feelings about the 2012 SEC Championship game?

In a way I hope we get Mizzu instead because I am going to Athens next season and I don't want to get spat on! :)

Mizz played two decent running teams. They lost to both. They gave up over 200 yards on the ground to both. They had 147 yards total offense against UGA and 10 first downs. I don't care if was in Sept. or not. The reason I'd take Mizzou as opponent is the same reason they won't be there IMO.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I would rather face Missouri... I want us to beat the crap out of Missouri and allow our players to get more rest, and giving younger player some experience playing in the game. Georgia game will be a battle, because they are red hot right now, and they could in theory give us fight.. and given what we went through the lsat six weeks... LSU, TEnnessee, Ole Miss, Miss state, Arkansas.... and now we're facing Auburn... Guys... We may be worn out if we go to war with Georgia... Missouri.. should be easy game for us.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

We can beat both. But we get chance for less injuries if we play Kazoo. Even in a losing effort, UGA plays like LSU-lite when it comes to physical.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Anyone who can't see that Missouri is the far more favorable match-up either does not know what he is talking about or has started entirely too early on the pre-game drinking for the Iron Bowl.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing Missouri beating Arkansas this weekend, so in all likelihood Georgia will be in Atlanta next Saturday.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I would rather see Mizzou since they run a faster paced offense, helps us get ready for possibly Oregon, MSU, OSU, and even FSU.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.