If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzou or Georgia?

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Re: If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzu or Georgia?

I agree that UM has its hands full with Arkansas. I do think UM is more unpredictable than one-dimensional UGA. The same UGA that was dominated by UF.

Anyone who can't see that Missouri is the far more favorable match-up either does not know what he is talking about or has started entirely too early on the pre-game drinking for the Iron Bowl.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time seeing Missouri beating Arkansas this weekend, so in all likelihood Georgia will be in Atlanta next Saturday.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I'm really surprised at the number of people that think Mizzou would be the tougher game. I see the Arky-Mizzou game as a toss up.

I'd rather play Missouri. It will be less physical. Georgia has better athletes. Mizzou has a couple of really good DE's.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges

I would rather face miss state than you guys. Miss states players have no where near as much big game experience and i dont think they are ready to take the next step. Bama on the other hand,well,theyre bama. Lets just say id much rather play miss state but i do feel it would be another great game if we were to face bama again.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I just can't focus on what will happen in early December when I'm totally focused on this Saturday, yes, this Saturday! If Alabama was totally healthy (#4, #9, #74, #84, et al and had Drake #17, I'd be a little less concerned.

To keep from having a heart attack during the game, I think I'll DVR it and go to bed very, very early. However, if I get up at midnight to watch the replay, that also may give me the BIG one.

In life we make choices, looks like I'm damned if I watch it at 6:30 p.m. or at midnight.

I just can't take another game like last year! Jess' prediction is just toooooooooooooooooooo close for comfort!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I'm really surprised at the number of people that think Mizzou would be the tougher game. I see the Arky-Mizzou game as a toss up.

I'd rather play Missouri. It will be less physical. Georgia has better athletes. Mizzou has a couple of really good DE's.
I think the prevailing wisdom is that Mizzou is a spread team and therefore would be a better game to prepare for the spread heavy playoff teams. Georgia is clearly a better team.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I think you all may be misunderstanding my comments about the matchup with UM and UGA. I agree that UGA is better and I expect UM to lose to the Hawgs. My point is that UGA is one dimensional and Coaches Saban and Smart know how to scheme for a team like Georgia. UM is more dangerous because they can do lots of things. They're inconsistent, but dangerous. I think we beat either one most of the time. UGA will play us a lot like LSU and MSU, physical, close. Our guys will know they played a football game the next morning. UM is much more unpredictable.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't think our criteria should be which team gets us ready to play the next two. Instead, it should be which team will be easier to beat and less physically toiling to do so.

Right now, it's one game at a time...starting with the Barn and then hopefully UM cause they'll be an easier out than Georgia!

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

I just can't focus on what will happen in early December when I'm totally focused on this Saturday, yes, this Saturday! If Alabama was totally healthy (#4, #9, #74, #84, et al and had Drake #17, I'd be a little less concerned.

To keep from having a heart attack during the game, I think I'll DVR it and go to bed very, very early. However, if I get up at midnight to watch the replay, that also may give me the BIG one.

In life we make choices, looks like I'm damned if I watch it at 6:30 p.m. or at midnight.

I just can't take another game like last year! Jess' prediction is just toooooooooooooooooooo close for comfort!
Didn't Jess also pick Texas A&M over Alabama this year?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.