If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzou or Georgia?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know the team has to beat the Barn next week in the IB, but let's look ahead and assume we whip some tail.

Who do you want in SECCG, Mizzu or Georgia? WHY?

CLINT

1st Team
Aug 11, 2010
Central Illinois
Re: If Bama Beats the Barn, Who Do You Want in SECCG? Mizzu or Georgia?

While most everyone will agree GA is a more superior team than MO.... I wonder if we are more built to take on GA?? We have a rush defense that is pretty amazing. With MO, Matty Mauk gets hot at times (like he did in the 4th qtr tonight) with the passing offense. Either way I think we will be fine either way... just something to think about

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County

While most everyone will agree GA is a more superior team than MO.... I wonder if we are more built to take on GA?? We have a rush defense that is pretty amazing. With MO, Matty Mauk gets hot at times (like he did in the 4th qtr tonight) with the passing offense. Either way I think we will be fine either way... just something to think about
I started the day wanting to play Mizzu but starting to think Bama may be a better match up with UGA. Both Mizzu and UGA will be coming off of physical games: Ark and Ga Tech.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Mizzou has the QB. UGA has no QB
UGA has the run game. Mizzou's run game is very pedestrian.
The defenses are probably a wash.

I'd say toss up. Flip a coin and we'd beat whoever.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I will say mizzou because we would own the dome instead of splitting it and I don't think their offense is as good as UGA, but mizzous front seven does give me a little concern. Ray and golden are legit. Also pinkel is a better coach than richt to me. But UGA's the superior football team out of the two this year so I would prefer mizzou because I'm more confident that we would beat them than I am of us beating UGA. I still think we would beat UGA tho

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR

I'd much rather face Missouri. Georgia reminds me of US.
This.

Georgia has better athletes and can play at a higher level if they are motivated. Georgia is generally undisciplined, but they could put it together for one game and that would makes our lives harder.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Consider this. Georgia beat the total dog out of Missouri.
They also beat the dog out of Auburn.
Missouri hasn't really beaten anybody.
I'd rather play Missouri.
sip

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

UGA's defense is a joke,and I think after seeing auburn playing Samford tonight it proves my suspicion of the boogs packing it up after the ATM game. I will say that I would gamble with mauk pulling one out than trust mason beating someone his arm. UGA is the better team out of the two

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

I agree. CNS has a knack for preparing his teams against the run. Passing is much more unpredictable. In thinking about the last few years, I remember a lot more long passes against us than long runs.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Missouri is the only SEC team we do not have a winning record against. (Series tied 2-2). We need to fix that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Good points by all.

I'm a little more leary of Georgia because they seem to have have more talent. Their running game is legit, even without TG, but we are built for games like that.

On the other hand, Mizzu looks like the weaker opponent, but they go on the road (10 straight times) and find a way to win. MM also is streaky and you know how that sometimes goes with our secondary.

I guess I'm leaning toward Mizzu but either way, we'll get either teams best effort, as usual.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Georgia has far more talent and is used to playing in big games. Also, Georgia would be far more motivated given the loss to Alabama only 2 years ago. Most of the players on this Georgia team were also on that team.

Mizzou would be the easier opponent.

Assuming Alabama beats Auburn, my biggest concern is Alabama getting up for ANOTHER huge game one week later against any opponent.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011

It's rather play UGA. We can shut down their run game and maker then beat us throwing the ball. I think we match up better with UGA.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I just want us to beat AU and represent the West. At that point, I will gladly take Mizz or UGA. They each present a different challenge, and either of them will give us all we can handle.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

I don't care which one we play. Every team presents it's own set of difficulties. We have to play to our strengths and against their weaknesses.
I'm sure we'll beat the barn but I know for a fact it won't be easy. They'll have watched every game we've played this season and are planning to put their strengths against our weaknesses.
I know I'll have my hbp meds close at hand...

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

I like seeing Arky absolutely kick Ole Miss' butt, but I will be a Mizzou Tiger fan this coming Friday. Going to be a tough game for both teams.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.