Pick the score: Auburn vs. Alabama (Iron Bowl)

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
My biggest concern is the weather- I don't want any rain or outside factor that could "level" the playing field or potentially affect the game with slips/freak plays. That aside, the past few weeks I've seen nothing that makes me think Auburn will have much success offensively on our D, or anything that says our offense will struggle to put up points on their D. But then again, it's the Iron Bowl and things don't always go the norm.

Anyone know Duke Williams status for Auburn? Was talking to a barn buddy of mine last night and he was saying how since he went out, they have looked horrific on offense.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I was reading this week the current Sports Illustrated magazine. It had an article about last year's game: "The Other Side of A Miracle." It was sort of depressing.

I was grocery shopping yesterday. I had my Alabama sweat shirt on. An OLD (much older than me, I think) man with a USC cap walked up to me and said, "Alabama is #1, right." I said yes. He said that "you will be beaten by Auburn next week."

I watched the game yesterday and was even more depressed by that third down Alabama fumble recovery in W. C. first drive that apparently didn't happen at all. I think that affected Alabama's early playing. But thank God, they did score some points in the 2nd quarter. All those injuries really concerned me.

I enter this week with no idea what will happen. Last year was like 1972. I hope that never happens again. Alabama must win this one. We don't want them to be able to say that the Barn beat a #1 ranked Alabama two consecutive years.

We OWE them BIG TIME and I hope we pay them back.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My biggest concern is the weather- I don't want any rain or outside factor that could "level" the playing field or potentially affect the game with slips/freak plays. That aside, the past few weeks I've seen nothing that makes me think Auburn will have much success offensively on our D, or anything that says our offense will struggle to put up points on their D. But then again, it's the Iron Bowl and things don't always go the norm.

Anyone know Duke Williams status for Auburn? Was talking to a barn buddy of mine last night and he was saying how since he went out, they have looked horrific on offense.
Al. Com is labeling duke likely to play. Idk how healthy he will be and how motivated auburn will be, but I think bama comes out fired up regardless so that is a good thing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know this, ITAT Barners are showing little to no confidence in the Barners getting it done this year.

It'll probably be closer than I'd like, but I'm fairly confident we can control the LOS in this game and, if so, I don't think Marshall beats us with his arm.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama 34 - Auburn 24

This Auburn team has a lot of quit in them. If Alabama gets up big early in the game, it could really get ugly. Unfortunately, Alabama has been starting very slowly, hence my score prediction.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
we are a better team than auburn, but, I expect a tough game. auburn has nothing to lose. another upset would be traumatic. we have some key players nicked up, don't know how long they can play. yeldon, robinson, voglar, cooper. key players. I am also wary of going after the weakest part of their defense. the secondary. I respect the job blake has done, but, I also keep seeing open receivers downfield each game and the pass is to a receiver within 10 yards of the los. he just cannot see well behind our big guys, and when he rolls out he has to pass to that side of the field. our secondary was exploited sat by western Carolina. they wore jones out all game. when our def line, linebackers don't put pressure on the qb, some one will be open downfield. I do believe our def line, and linebackers, Collins will be ready for this game.

bama 31

auburn 24

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
I don't know the score but it will be all but settled by halftime, and aubren may get some cheap points in the second half and make it seem close. 31 -21.
-

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Excluding the FCS teams, Alabama has held its opponents to 16 points below their season scoring average while scoring 9 points more than your opponents allow. Auburn scores 35 ppg while allowing 24 ppg. This would produce a score of Alabama 33 - Auburn 19.

However, if you look at the games from Auburn's point of view, Auburn has held its opponents to 9 points below their season scoring average while scoring 12 points more than their opponents allow. This would produce a score of Alabama 26 - Auburn 27.

You have five common opponents, but you played them under different circumstances. However, and examination of the scores follow the same pattern - Alabama wins when using your averages and Auburn wins when using their. The scores would be Alabama 32 - Auburn 15 or Alabama 29 - Auburn 32.

Note that the scenarios that produce an Auburn wins are very close games, but following Alabama's averages Alabama wins comfortably. So, if Alabama plays up to its potential, you win comfortably - but if you allow Auburn to play to their potential, you are in for a dog fight.

Alabama has not allowed more than 23 points to an opponent this season. Hold that pattern and I really like your chances.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Excluding the FCS teams, Alabama has held its opponents to 16 points below their season scoring average while scoring 9 points more than your opponents allow. Auburn scores 35 ppg while allowing 24 ppg. This would produce a score of Alabama 33 - Auburn 19.

However, if you look at the games from Auburn's point of view, Auburn has held its opponents to 9 points below their season scoring average while scoring 12 points more than their opponents allow. This would produce a score of Alabama 26 - Auburn 27.

You have five common opponents, but you played them under different circumstances. However, and examination of the scores follow the same pattern - Alabama wins when using your averages and Auburn wins when using their. The scores would be Alabama 32 - Auburn 15 or Alabama 29 - Auburn 32.

Note that the scenarios that produce an Auburn wins are very close games, but following Alabama's averages Alabama wins comfortably. So, if Alabama plays up to its potential, you win comfortably - but if you allow Auburn to play to their potential, you are in for a dog fight.

Alabama has not allowed more than 23 points to an opponent this season. Hold that pattern and I really like your chances.
I knew when I saw your 34-24 pick that you were an "averages" guy. Same score I got with the averages and HFA included.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.