Question: Huge Thank You To TF Member Boo Radley For Gameday Experience

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Earlier this week, I posted a question regarding handicapped seating access in BDS. We were trying to carry my best friend's step son with MD, to his first Alabama gameday experience....

I received several replies to the thread with solid info on the Handicapped seating policies (which I greatly appreciated).

One member, screen name Boo Radley, PM'd me offering his 2 tickets to the game which had elevator and wheelchair access. I responded asking how much he wanted for them, and I almost fell out when
he told me they were absolutely free. His great generosity didn't stop there either. He proceeded to source me 2 more tickets that were in that general area of the stadium from some friends he knew, for only face value!

Then to top it off, he gave us a parking pass where we could park in the Coleman Coliseum parking lot!!

I cannot begin to express my thanks and gratitude for the kind gesture he offered to a complete stranger.

The little man had a ball!!! He wanted to stay until the last play, and didn't want to leave after that!! He got to sit down the night before and eat a steak in a steakhouse, got to eat at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast, sit up front for the Walk of Champions(which he got handshakes from at least 5 players, including Amari Cooper, who stopped a couple seconds and spoke to him and made it more than just a casual high five), and watch the game........ All for the first time in his life!!!! It took a few seconds for me to get my composure and hold back the tears after seeing how Coop took the time to acknowledge him. It was only a few seconds but it really made Michael feel like he cared.

We've got pics that are in his moms digital camera. I told her to email them to me when she gets a chance, and hopefully with my limited knowledge of posting up pics on here, I can figure it out (though a "posting pictures on TF, for dummies" tutorial from a kind member would be appreciated)!! I had a couple on my phone that I couldn't get rotated correctly and were posting sideways....

Anyway, A very very big thank you for helping this young mans dream come true!!!!!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
See!! THIS is why I love Bama! Our fans go above and beyond to share their love of all things CRIMSON.
Absolutely!!!!

As it turned out, my friend and I weren't able to sit with Michael and his mom during the game. I told them that every time I've went to a game and have had to sit by myself, I've always been surrounded by quality people. They found this to be true as well. There was a nice lady sitting beside them named Miss Ann, and she helped them throughout the game.. Just good quality folks!! It's sad that a few bad apples make good folks hesitant nowadays to extend a helping hand, or offer a kind and trusting gesture. The ones that still do, despite how society is trending nowadays, are a notch above IMHO!

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I promise to post some pics to this thread in the next day or so. Having a few issues with getting them posted and fatigue is setting in from the lack of sleep over the weekend as well. Tom Bodett may have left the light on at the Motel 6 in Bessemer, but he didn't do anything else! We all left that place needing a chiropractor and possibly a de-lousing!!! Just an FYI, it's better than sleeping in the car, but that's it. I just wanted to post our gratitude for so much kindness that was displayed this weekend as soon as I could. Michael gives everyone a BIG ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Michael's ready to see the Crimson Tide!!!! "Hey.......When will we get there?"........

Michael's waiting patiently in the truck at Oreilly's in Bessemer after we woke up to discover the battery decided to crap out.... after finding someone to give us a jump, we hit the first parts store. They were proud of their mid level battery at $120 but we had to have one..

On to Cracker Barrel, where Michael discovered the table game with the pegs/golf tees. He's not completely sure of what he's doing, but he's sure doing it!!

We finally got to T town and parked at Coleman.....

waiting for the team to do the Walk of Champions!!!!

Amazement at the sheer greatness of looking out upon Bryant Denny Stadium!!!!!!!

Michael and Miss Ann, A very very nice lady that helped his Mom with him throughout the game because we were a level below them and couldn't access them without climbing over a wall (which we could have easily done, but we figured security wouldn't really like that too much) A complete stranger who was as kind to them as if they were close friends!!! Roll Tide!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.