Lacy had a great game today for the Packers

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
..."Circle Button" is going to be a big part of that! A Super Bowl MVP trophy would look awfully good next to his BCS Championship Game trophy.
Only he's not Circle Button any more - calls himself "Moss." You would think "Moss" as in "A Rolling Tide gathers no Moss" but no, he's nicknamed himself as the good hands man - says he's never dropped a pass, like Randy Moss.

But he's sure dropping a lot of would-be tacklers on the spot - all the glorious green and gold details can be found (links) here and here and especially here. Every article addresses Lacy as a load - hah, he's turned into Green Bay's overload of a running game. And playing through illness Sunday vs. Minn on top of all that.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I was sooooo glad he got passed up and got to compete with CMM and A. Rodgers in GB. Such a great situation for a great young man and he has made the most of it and he will be a legend up there forever. Wish MI and TR had similar opportunities. I'd love to see Denver scoop up 22 in the offseason. Then my two favorite teams would have Bama RBs.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm still amazed by how much Trent is struggling. Seems like he'd at least get lucky on a carry.
He looks as if he is running with weights around his ankles. No lateral agility and very little overall burst. If he isn't injured he may not have much more of a career left. Especially with the emergence of these practice squad RBs Jonas Gray for New England and CJ Anderson for Denver..

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'm still amazed by how much Trent is struggling. Seems like he'd at least get lucky on a carry.
Me too! Trent looks like hes running in quicksand. He has zero burst. He just kind of runs up to the line and gets hung there and falls over.

Do most here agree that most of the Tide Nation would have thought Trent would have been the better pro out of him, Lacy and Ingram? I know I did. But man, hes struggled badly in the NFL. Ingram is finally carving himself a nice niche down in New Orleans and Lacy has turned into a beastmode RB for the Packers.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I always thought that Lacy was the better RB but in defense of Trent, he is only getting 7 carries a game. Heck, Indianapolis is only running the ball about 15 times and that includes scrambles.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
He looks as if he is running with weights around his ankles. No lateral agility and very little overall burst. If he isn't injured he may not have much more of a career left. Especially with the emergence of these practice squad RBs Jonas Gray for New England and CJ Anderson for Denver..
i noticed that as well. not fluid at all. so stiff.

Me too! Trent looks like hes running in quicksand. He has zero burst. He just kind of runs up to the line and gets hung there and falls over.

Do most here agree that most of the Tide Nation would have thought Trent would have been the better pro out of him, Lacy and Ingram? I know I did. But man, hes struggled badly in the NFL. Ingram is finally carving himself a nice niche down in New Orleans and Lacy has turned into a beastmode RB for the Packers.
i always thought ingram was the better RB..

I always thought that Lacy was the better RB but in defense of Trent, he is only getting 7 carries a game. Heck, Indianapolis is only running the ball about 15 times and that includes scrambles.

he's had his chance to get those carries. just cant keep feeding him avg 3 yards per. he's getting outplayed by Boom Herron who just a few weeks ago was on the practice squad.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
he's had his chance to get those carries. just cant keep feeding him avg 3 yards per. he's getting outplayed by Boom Herron who just a few weeks ago was on the practice squad.
I'll never get what's been going on with Trent. I could understand if he were just playing at an average level, but he's honestly not even close the that over the last year. Every journeyman player or guy who's winding down their career that's played alongside him has outplayed him. I'm completely dumbfounded.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
i noticed that as well. not fluid at all. so stiff.

i always thought ingram was the better RB..

Many games, Lacy would be averaging only three yards a carry and then turn it on in the second half. I am not saying that things would be different but it is hard for a back to get into rhythm with so few carries. Look at the difference in Mark Ingram this year vs the past years where he would hardly get any touches.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL

Not me. I always thought Lacy would be the better back. His style of hitting the hole and bursting through is a much better fit for the NFL than Trent's patient 'wait for the blocks to set' style.

Last edited:

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I'll never get what's been going on with Trent. I could understand if he were just playing at an average level, but he's honestly not even close the that over the last year. Every journeyman player or guy who's winding down their career that's played alongside him has outplayed him. I'm completely dumbfounded.
I agree. He basically gets the ball and waits to be tackled. I wonder if he's still waiting for that "hole" to open up...and I hope he realizes soon that that two feet of space at the LOS is the hole. He needs to redefine his style and restructure his body IMO. He dances like he's a finesse back and runs east and west like he's Barry Sanders.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.