My thought on Auburn/Alabama game this weekend

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I promise you, you will see plays, Kiffin has not run all year long, someone in the backfield or spread out will throw a pass to Blake for a long gain or TD. I do think if we get inside the 10 all you will see is running plays.

there will be some huge surprises for the Barn & they will throw some at us.

I believe by half time we are up 23-0 & just hope we can have a 3rd Qtr just like the 2nd against A & M that would make it 58-0 going into the 4th, them let AG kick 3 FG's.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I expect a close game because I think Auburn's offense is good enough to give us some problems. Our DL is much better and should be able to prevent AU from running at will as they did last year. But, Marshall is improved as a passer, so their offense is not one dimensional like last year. We need to stay aggressive if we get a lead and not back off the playcalling like we did in 2010.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This game will be won/loss at the LOS.

Bama can/will control the LOS in this game and that will be the key. The Barn was giving up 4-5 yards a pop to Samford and, more importantly, this Barn OL can't blow teams off the LOS like last year's could.

Last year Marshall and Mason had a five yard bubble to operate their little cat and mouse game but this year defensive lines, including Samfords, are getting defensive penetration into the AU backfield and it's the real difference in the Barn not being so dominant in their running game.

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL

Bama can/will control the LOS in this game and that will be the key. The Barn was giving up 4-5 yards a pop to Samford and, more importantly, this Barn OL can't blow teams off the LOS like last year's could.

Last year Marshall and Mason had a five yard bubble to operate their little cat and mouse game but this year defensive lines, including Samfords, are getting defensive penetration into the AU backfield and it's the real difference in the Barn not being so dominant in their running game.

Auburn's DL has really missed Dee Ford and Carl Lawson this year. It now appears that DaVonte Lambert will likely miss the Iron Bowl. Adams is solid in the middle but none of their other lineman concern me. They got owned against Georgia with Lambert. I think we will have a huge advantage with our OL against their DL especially as the game goes on and they wear down.

Their offense is built to score and they probably will. We have to make them earn every point. We can't give them easy ones like we did last year (i.e. the first score by Marshall and the long pass to Coates in the 4th). They aren't as dominate and consistent as the they were last year. If we can make them drive the field, there is a high likelihood they make a mistake along the way.

One last point is their special teams is the worst I've seen at Auburn in quite a while: average kicker, bad punter(s), fumbling punts, etc.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I agree with your assessment. Boogers line is not as dominant. Bama should win this if we don't get too crazy on offense or turn the ball over

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
The only thing I worry about is duke Williams. He makes their offense better.
I worry about everything they can throw at us. Our team must be aware of everybody AU has on the field and should expect the unexpected. The goobs have nothing to lose this year.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I'm sure the boogs will bring their best against us, at least to start. I don't know if I'd worry so much about eating clock early on. Be aggressive, jump on them early and they might just quit. Look at the UGA game. It'll be interesting to see if we take the ball or defense first if we win the toss. That alone might tell us what our approach will be early in the game.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I worry about everything they can throw at us. Our team must be aware of everybody AU has on the field and should expect the unexpected. The goobs have nothing to lose this year.
seems to me like they have a game they're going to lose saturday, that's a pretty big something ;)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
If we get off to a fast start, they will quit. Yes.. they live to ruin Alabama's success. But when they have nothing to play for except pride, it doesn't really serve them well historically. That said, don't let them hang around and start to think they have a chance.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
What's funny is that if you go on AU Family or ITAT, they are all convinced that this is CNS's worst team since 2007. What a stupid bunch lol.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Did we kick off first or receive ball first?
I'm sure the boogs will bring their best against us, at least to start. I don't know if I'd worry so much about eating clock early on. Be aggressive, jump on them early and they might just quit. Look at the UGA game. It'll be interesting to see if we take the ball or defense first if we win the toss. That alone might tell us what our approach will be early in the game.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I want us to come out attacking early, run hard and light them up deep with Amari and the other receivers. I hope we give Chris Black an opportunity because he can make a big difference in this game.
I'd like to see Fowler continue to play as a back up tailback. He runs like a bull.
Once we get the lead this year I'd like to see us keep lighting it up and get the game well in hand.
Under no circumstances do I want this game to come down to a field goal.
Let's eliminate that possibility early and just keep pouring it on.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Did we kick off first or receive ball first?
Personally, I think I'd take the ball first, show them we are going to dictate the game to them. If we could put together a TD drive on the first possession, I think we put them on their heels early, and BDS would be rocking like nobody's business.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I just hope the refs remember the rules against:
-- ineligible receiver downfield,
-- illegal motion (not being set for a count), and
-- illegal formation

If they do, we should be fine.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I just hope the refs remember the rules against:
-- ineligible receiver downfield,
-- illegal motion (not being set for a count), and
-- illegal formation

If they do, we should be fine.
+100000000000000000000

Ol' Gus will be spinnin' those fingers and shoutin' like a banshee on the sidelines. If the officials run the game, we'll be okay. If they don't, well... the REFS might not be okay.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.