Rudy Giuliani - white police officers wouldn't be there if you weren't....

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Shortly after I moved to the DC are (mid-1990s) there was a series of stories in the Washington Post about the DC police. The police did not have the same racial make-up as the city. This was determined to be a problem. Minority cadets were rushed through their training. Shortly thereafter the Post found out that there were an unusually high number of residents that were the victims of police shootings. In the back of the head.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The funny thing is that any appeal to those race statistics can be twisted any which way you want them to be.

"It's a majority black area but there's only three black cops."

So whose fault is that (since this ASSUMES this to be a problem)?

And besides - if you're gonna use that argument then shouldn't HALF of all cops be WOMEN? I mean, why do we only want to use it for that one lame argument?

How many should be elderly? How many should be below 18? I mean, we could carry on with this forever.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Why choose race as the one dimension that must be similar? It's sad when people think all members of a racial group are exactly the same. Aren't they all Americans? If so, why should race matter?
That should certainly be the ideal that we all should strive toward. But we aren't there yet. It is sad when people think that all members of a racial group are the same. That's why I cringe when a poster on this forum says "the black community" as though it were monolithic.

Research modeling in Google Scholar. Similarities to the subject have greater impact. Perhaps I can find one of my college papers. mmmm.... Did I loan them to the Library of Congress?:)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Shortly after I moved to the DC are (mid-1990s) there was a series of stories in the Washington Post about the DC police. The police did not have the same racial make-up as the city. This was determined to be a problem. Minority cadets were rushed through their training. Shortly thereafter the Post found out that there were an unusually high number of residents that were the victims of police shootings. In the back of the head.
That happened in New Orleans as well. The police force, because of a lowering of standards, internal corruption and a rush to diversify became a cesspool of crime and corruption.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
That should certainly be the ideal that we all should strive toward. But we aren't there yet. It is sad when people think that all members of a racial group are the same. That's why I cringe when a poster on this forum says "the black community" as though it were monolithic.

Research modeling in Google Scholar. Similarities to the subject have greater impact. Perhaps I can find one of my college papers. mmmm.... Did I loan them to the Library of Congress?:)
Will you be responding to Selma's post?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The funny thing is that any appeal to those race statistics can be twisted any which way you want them to be.

"It's a majority black area but there's only three black cops."

So whose fault is that (since this ASSUMES this to be a problem)?

And besides - if you're gonna use that argument then shouldn't HALF of all cops be WOMEN? I mean, why do we only want to use it for that one lame argument?

How many should be elderly? How many should be below 18? I mean, we could carry on with this forever.

Simple solution Selma, hire young black women. Any other problems I can help you with?:)

There you go Tide1986.

A little common sense goes a long way. Should we carry on toward the sub atomic level?

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
The Ferguson Grand Jury issues it's ruling at 8PM eastern. I will hunker down in my bunker and watch Tide basketball.

Check that. The ruling is at 9PM eastern. Still got time to buy more ammo.

Last edited:

U of A

3rd Team
Oct 16, 2011
Nashville TN 37211
I'm going to give my viewpoint here as a mid 30's black male. What the ex mayor said may on the surface sound racist, but when you take what he said at face value it is not, at least to me. I heard, "where's the outrage for black on black crime that's present for crimes of white officers killing black men?" Legitimate question. Black on black crime happens everyday everywhere just the same as white on white crime does according to those stats. The thing is what I've noticed as a common denominator with highly publicised crimes like Ferguson and the incident in Cleveland is that the end result could have been avoided had the community that these young men were raised in been more conducive to being a responsible male that contributes something instead of always thinking they are owed something.

Even though it was tragic there was loss of life, let's not forget that there was a theft in a convenience store in Ferguson and the child in Cleveland was brandishing what looked to be a real firearm. You take both of these components out of the equation and I'm pretty sure neither of these deaths happen. The thing is within the young urban black male community there would sadly be other ways for those young men to get into trouble. I was always taught that if you lay a solid foundation for anything the end result will more than likely be what you planned. Sadly I can say that within my race there seems to be not near enough proper rearing to help these young guys be individuals and not trend followers, because the trends in the inner city and in some cases the burbs is geared towards violent hip hop culture that focuses on money, drugs, dem hoes and violence. You get out what you put in.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The Ferguson Grand Jury issues it's ruling at 8PM eastern. I will hunker down in my bunker and watch Tide basketball.

Check that. The ruling is at 9PM eastern. Still got time to buy more ammo.
I mean after all, you need to worry about those white, conservative looters running loose out there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.