Special Teams
JK Scott
G. Raborn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: Nothing new on injuries.
Saban: "Last week we got off to a slow start. We were able to play younger players who got good learning opportunities."
Saban: Brian Vogler and A. Stewart listed as questionable for the game.
Saban: "The Iron Bowl is one of the greatest rivalries in college football."
Saban: "This game has had a lot of significance over the last few years."
Saban: This game requires a tremendous amount of discipline and focus.
Saban: "Gus has done a fantastic job last year and this year."
Saban: "Bryant-Denny at night is a great atmosphere. You have to be focused I. What you need to do."
Saban: This is a very challenging team to defend with the way they play offense.
Saban: "Their OL does a good job, and they have a lot of speed on the perimeter."
Saban: Auburn's defense has played great in the red zone and has been very tough to score on.
Saban: "They create a lot of turnovers on defense and are always good on special teams."
Saban: This is a game all competitors enjoy playing in.
Saban: "I think their perimeter running helps them with the play-action pass."
Saban on Duke Williams: He's got great range. He makes plays on balls other receivers can't get to
Saban on Nick Marshall: "Really, really a fantastic athlete. Very instinctive as a player." Adds he's improved as a passer.
Saban on Kick 6 motivation: We all remember what happened.
Saban: I don't think we're any better prepared to face Auburn's defense than we were a year ago. We did a pretty good job last year.
Saban: "We're no better prepared than we were last year. We just didn't finish last season."
Saban asked about Auburn's "eye candy" pre-snap on offense. "There's a method to what they do."
Saban: "I think Gus knows how people would defend him if they lined up regularly. He wants you to have to adjust on the fly."
Saban: "Amari Cooper gets better each year. He rarely disappoints when we turn to him."
Saban on who can fill in for Vogler: We have a lot of confidence in O.J. Howard. Brandon Greene and Dakota Ball experience.
Saban: "We don't want to create a lot of anxiety with our players. We just want them to execute and prepare."
Saban on TJ Yeldon: "He has been by far, in my opinion, our most effective guy all the way around."
Saban said Yeldon's been "shut down" for the past 7 days in hopes of getting him healthier for Iron Bowl.
Saban: "Both Auburn RBs (Artis-Payne and Grant) complement each other well. They have great variety of runners."
Saban: "I really can't compare this game to anything else. The energy level is so different."

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.