Iron Bowl 2014. Perhaps the most important IB in the Nick Saban era

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Hard to say which is the most important because it is Auburn, and every year the IB is crucial to our season. But losing to drop CNS's record back to .500 (4-4) against the tigers would be disappointing because nearly every year we have been the better team.

I have crimson-colored glasses, but I am convinced that we would have beaten Missouri and FSU to win the National Championship last year if Auburn hadn't come back on us. I am also convinced that we are in a great position to win the championship this year if we get past Auburn.

It's not a matter of which Auburn team comes out at BDS this Saturday: they will be pumped. It's a matter of which Alabama team comes out. Roll Tide.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Which boards are you looking at?? They are still calling Bryant Denny JHS West or Tubby Stadium. Don't get me wrong there are some who aren't as confident but many of them seem pretty convinced they can pull a "2002" on us this year.
I don't get why 2002 is their go to answer. That was a different time and a completely different setup. Lying Franphony had basically already accepted the aTm job and the team knew it. We played horribly that day, and deserved to lose, but I am convinced that Fran tossed what was left of that season in the garbage once he knew that he had another job in the bag. Years like 2002 don't happen all the time, regardless of what those lowlifes down in opelika tend to think.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm not too worried about this game. It's just another game against our rival.

I hope the team is not thinking like the OP. I'm certain CNS is not.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I want Alabama and OSU to keep winning - and beating Auburn and Michigan have special meaning, but I will not allow a loss to change my outlook. I am a positive person, and I see good things happening for Alabama and OSU this weekend.

But, win or lose, I will get up Sunday morning and take my family to church.

Both Alabama and OSU will be back in the hunt next year. A win just keeps us in the hunt for one more week this year. A loss means that we have to listen to smack talk from our rivals' fans, but I wouldn't trade our future for theirs, so let them talk.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I want Alabama and OSU to keep winning - and beating Auburn and Michigan have special meaning, but I will not allow a loss to change my outlook. I am a positive person, and I see good things happening for Alabama and OSU this weekend.

But, win or lose, I will get up Sunday morning and take my family to church.

Both Alabama and OSU will be back in the hunt next year. A win just keeps us in the hunt for one more week this year. A loss means that we have to listen to smack talk from our rivals' fans, but I wouldn't trade our future for theirs, so let them talk.
B1G, you have a good way with words.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Idk I think 08 was probably the most important iron bowl in the CNS era because it changed everything for both teams.
For alabama: it finally marked the end of mediocrity and pretty much cleansed the foul memories of sanctions and bad coaches.
For auburn: it gave the board of criminals the ammunition they needed to get rid of one of the most successful coaches of the university and gave them the opportunity to hire coaches that they could control and steal the first natty in 50 something years

As for this year it really seems like 11 where it's them trying to spoil our season with a team that seems to have given up. I hope I'm right because the result was a dandy that year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.