Scarbinsky with a suggestion to those in BDS

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Our fraternity used to have some chants and songs that would singe the hairs off your ears. When I was pledge, we had to do them, but I always thought they were kind of pointless and stupid. You're right. College age kids have a talent for pointless, stupid and profane. Same as it ever was.
the bovine scat cheers at basketball games could always be heard loud and clear on tv

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
easiest way to fix this... change the f word to Beat... put the words on the jumbotron while the song plays, and within a year, only a few idiots will still be doing the F this...

overall i love the song/chant minus the F

B

BamaJ

easiest way to fix this... change the f word to Beat... put the words on the jumbotron while the song plays, and within a year, only a few idiots will still be doing the F this...

overall i love the song/chant minus the F
This is perfect. I don't go to many games, but I was there this past weekend and I loved hearing the song. Didn't know what was being said, but now that I do, it would bother me. I agree that changing the words and making it known would help. Eliminating it completely might not do any good.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Scab doing what Scab does best. Stir the pot.
Yeah he is like 4 years late on calling us out on this one. It's more because lsu apologized for the chant against saban, but the funny thing is the lsu ad didn't apologize for the more commonly known vulgar chant that they do at home games. So the mere fact that he is comparing a personal attack to something that has been going on for years means he is trying to stir the pot.

Last edited:

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Yeah he is like 4 years late on calling us out on this one. It's more because lsu apologized for the chant against saban, but the funny thing is the lsu ad didn't apologize for the more commonly known vulgar chant that they do at home games. So the mere fact that he is comparing a personal attack to something that has been going on for years means he is trying to stir the pot.
So true!

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Battle can stop this but he will have to ruffle some feathers to do it. This kind of thing usually starts in the student section and if he made it clear they will be relegated to the nose bleed sections or have their numbers reduced they'd stop. I hate to agree with Scab on anything but he is absolutely right on this.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I totally agree. Profanity is out of place at BDS or any other stadium for that matter. Bill Battle should see that this song is no longer played.
I agree with the first part, but the bold part I completely disagree with. Taking away the song isn't going to stop vulgarity, it would probably lead to something worse and more discernible coming from angry students. I like the suggestion above that you try and persuade the student base to say "beat" instead of the expletive.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
I agree with the first part, but the bold part I completely disagree with. Taking away the song isn't going to stop vulgarity, it would probably lead to something worse and more discernible coming from angry students. I like the suggestion above that you try and persuade the student base to say "beat" instead of the expletive.
Good luck with persuasion!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.