Scarbinsky with a suggestion to those in BDS

B

BamaJ

I've heard the song played and I love that it's a tradition in the stadium. I've never understood the extra words to it. Could someone tell me what they are? Is it true that the "F" word is used? If so, I hope they just stop playing it. That's ridiculous and makes us look like other bush-league teams that do much of the same. We are better than that.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
There are some additional words and sayings that many of the fans say but I am not sure what all they are. Most of the people that sit around us, just sing the normal words to the song. It just is not clear from where I sit, what the other words exactly are.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
On the lighter side of singing at football games, a guy at last weekend's UVA game sang Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" to a plastic goose. Stick around until the end to see the ESPN guys completely losing it.

Last edited:

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
First, I hate the addition and lack of class and I'm thankful my kids and i can't understand the words in the nosebleed section where we are.

With that said, nice article to start the week to really focus on the iron bowl by scabs. Everyone do us all a favor and don't click the link....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's gotten considerably louder this year. Soon you will be able to make it out without any trouble.
I suppose you were speaking about that particular chant, but BDS seems to be louder overall for the last year or so. I consider it a little amusing that people get so worked up when Saban critiques the fans a bit (although he's said far more positive than negative things), yet the end result is hard to argue with. Fans stay longer and cheer louder, and in turn Saban says it helps the team and praises the fans. It's good to see that most people get the point.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of that song at all, period.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Even without the f word, the lyrics aren't exactly family friendly. Dropping it altogether wouldn't bother me.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's impressive when the whole stadium is singing the song. Recruits have even commented on it. But yeah, I don't know what you do about it at this point. They won't stop.
The stadium was literally rocking when they sang it during the LSU game (last year), right? I'd heard of it happening at other stadiums, but I'd never heard of it happening at BDS.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I also would like to see it stop, but on the other hand I take issue with Kevin Scar-barn-sky calling Alabama out on anything.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It's impressive when the whole stadium is singing the song. Recruits have even commented on it. But yeah, I don't know what you do about it at this point. They won't stop.
They need to stop. there should be no room for profane speech in a song at Bryant Denny. Bill Battle can stop this.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I also would like to see it stop, but on the other hand I take issue with Kevin Scar-barn-sky calling Alabama out on anything.
I have not heard it but I'm not good with it Bill Battle knows what Class is so I defer to his judgement not Scarb he just lives any shot he can take at Alabama.

the fans have been fantastic this year so I do appreciate their support of our team just remember this is Alabama, it's done different here.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Maybe we can make them stop doing the lame First Down/Roll Tide cheer too while they are at it. :wink:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
If you don't think that particular word is now in the mainstream of the American vernacular, you really are not paying attention. That is not a judgement for or against, simply a statement of fact. Yes, we can shield ourselves from it here and you probably will not hear it in church. But an expectation for 60 to 80 thousand people to be dissuaded from using it by us or even the great and powerful Scarbinski ... is probably not realistic. I suggest learning the acceptable, alternate words and singing them so loudly that you drown out the offensive choice, at least in your immediate area or at minimum, in your own space. Possibly that will catch on.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Here are the lyrics, as said in Bryant Denny by the student section.

Spend my dollar (on beer!)
Parked in a holler neath the mountain moonlight (Roll Tide!)
Hold her up tight (against the wall!)
Make a little lovin' (all night!)
A little turtle dovin' on a Mason Dixon night (four letter word Auburn!)
Fits my life (And LSU!)
Oh so right (And Tennessee too!)

My Dixie Land delight
The bold is a recent addition that somehow started. It used to just be another "Roll Tide". So that's what I say when that line comes up. Rumor has it, Mrs. Saban didn't like the added chant (rumor) and so they stopped playing the song for a few games (fact). However that was a hugely unpopular move so they brought it back. But yeah the "blank this" and "blank that" started about 2-3 years ago.

But imo it needs to die without removing the song, and it might when some students graduate or maybe some pressure is applied down through the SGA.

jdua

Scout Team
Nov 19, 2006
If you don't think that particular word is now in the mainstream of the American vernacular, you really are not paying attention. That is not a judgement for or against, simply a statement of fact. Yes, we can shield ourselves from it here and you probably will not hear it in church. But an expectation for 60 to 80 thousand people to be dissuaded from using it by us or even the great and powerful Scarbinski ... is probably not realistic. I suggest learning the acceptable, alternate words and singing them so loudly that you drown out the offensive choice, at least in your immediate area or at minimum, in your own space. Possibly that will catch on.
Have we so utterly forgotten the difference between public and private language choices? Say what you want with your friends in private but how can anyone think it is OK to scream that word in public? It is astonishing and totally narcissistic to be so oblivious to the fact that it is a public venue with children, etc. I'm not personally opposed to any type swearing, but it's just immaturity and bad form to feel as if you have some sort of right to say whatever you want whenever you want.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.