Bham Dropped as Possible 2016 DNC Site

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Good for them. However that doesn't speak to the high crime rate in downtown Bham, especially after dark. I had no problem going to a Baron's game that let out after dark when the club was at Regions Field (aka Hoover Met). But I've been around Bham long enough to know to stay away from the downtown area at night.
Anyone who thinks they (or their vehicle) would be safe at night while attending an event like the DNC is fooling themselves. Jmho

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Good for them. However that doesn't speak to the high crime rate in downtown Bham, especially after dark. I had no problem going to a Baron's game that let out after dark when the club was at Regions Field (aka Hoover Met). But I've been around Bham long enough to know to stay away from the downtown area at night.
Anyone who thinks they (or their vehicle) would be safe at night while attending an event like the DNC is fooling themselves. Jmho
As an actual resident of downtown, you really have no idea what you are talking about. You seem to be part of the ignorant majority who equate Ensley, Gate City, Central Park, Smithfield with 'downtown'.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
As an actual resident of downtown, you really have no idea what you are talking about. You seem to be part of the ignorant majority who equate Ensley, Gate City, Central Park, Smithfield with 'downtown'.
Look dude, or dudette, as the case may be. First of all, I'm a resident of Shelby County, not downtown, as your post would suggest. When I first moved here I lived in Lipscomb for several years before getting out of there and moving to Shelby County. I've been doing business in the Birmingham area for 20 years and a worked for a company on 2nd Avenue North.
I've probably spent more time in "downtown" Bham than a lot of folks who actually live there, so don't try to say that I don't know what I'm talking about. There are a lot of things about Jefferson County in general that caused me to move to Shelby County.
If you want to live or work in Birmingham or do whatever you want there, that's your business. I don't care. Just don't try to persuade me to do the same, ok ? I'm smarter than that.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Houston would be a great site. We have a lesbian mayor, a black-muslim activist, an idiot member of Congress - Sheila Jackson Lee, plenty of illegal aliens that the DNC wants to naturalize via executive order and a ton of strip clubs. God I can't believe I just said that.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Look dude, or dudette, as the case may be. First of all, I'm a resident of Shelby County, not downtown, as your post would suggest.
"As an actual resident" = TheAccountant is a resident of downtown. Not sure how you misinterpreted that.

Not try to persuade you of anything because I would not want to be your neighbor, just pointing out the fallacies of your post from the perspective of someone who lives out in the sticks and who's opinion was formed years ago.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.