Game Thread: ****Bama vs. ISU****

mark4tide

1st Team
Mar 7, 2005
Hoover, AL
They had something last night that the team has not had in a long time, Leadership. Levi has really stood up this year and taken control of the team. Also does not appear that we have the one or two players that are a cancer to the team. They have a long way to go but they are much improved over last year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'm not being negative but at some point we have to learn how to win these type of games. We just can't seem to make a shot, get a defensive stop, and box out and get a rebound when it matters - mainly at the end of the game. I like the talent on this team, I think it may be the best overall since CAG has been here. Hope we can at least get 2 wins out of the next 3 games vs Arizona St, Xavier, and UCLA..

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
We have to go to get that "no road win" monkey off our back soon, before it becomes a mental thing. We struggled defensively last night, hopefully they will get better. RN reminds me a lot of levi as a freshmen.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Well, I didn't get to watch the game for personal reasons, but reading the box score pretty much tells the story. We were out rebounded by three, out scored in the paint by ten, they shot 58% and their two top shot takers (by a lot) were front court players. Meanwhile, we shot 38% and and attempted thirty three's. That tells me we were pretty much manhandled inside. They were shooting five footers while we were shooting twenty five footers.
I like this team much more than last years and for the first three games our interior defense looked pretty good, though there was a significant drop off when Taylor wasn't in there...and we hadn't played anybody. When the level of competition amped up, our inside game was not so good. Unless we can shore it up, that'll be the m.o. of most everyone we play...pound it inside. We can't live around the arc, our shooters aren't good enough. We'll see how they do against ASU tonight...hopefully better. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.