Mr. Chop Block from WCU Andrew Miles # 72 on twitter..

Crimson Wonder

1st Team
Sep 4, 2002
Atlanta
I found this exchange rather hilarious.. He deleted a lot of the tweets made to him which were the most hilarious... Of course he didn't leave those up because it would have the opposite effect in trying to impress his equally "less talented" teammates who fully supported the illegal tactics and then deleted them from evidence... Apparently they condone the tactic. Wow.

https://twitter.com/BigEd3324/status/536929664217145344

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for starting the thread, Wonder.

I'm just back from my first ever visit to Ttown - which I will describe in a separate thread - but ever since the game, I've been wanting to see what the WCU crowd is saying in this regard...

Thanks brother....

RTR

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
In fairness, as a whole I don't think the WCU fans condone the behavior.. Just a few of the players that are goobers.
Have you been on any of their sites?

I haven't been, as I've been traveling back to Canada from Ttown, but yes, I would be very interested in hearing what they have to say...

I found JessN's post-mortem of the game to be particularly poignant wrt WCU's dirty play.

And not just this time 'round...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Karma eventually rolls back around, to players & coaches, that coaches their teams to play "Bush League" style of play..I still think Georgia Southern a couple years ago was the worst of the worst "Chop Blocking" O-Line we've played since Coach Saban has been at Bama..

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I was at the game Saturday and ended up tailgaiting with the WCU fans because they were in the same parking lot. They were not happy that the chop blocking was going on and was hoping it was more accidental but you could tell a many of them thought different. Those were good bunch of people including their AD, Randy Eaton. We spoke for about 20 minutes and he had nothing but praise for Bama and was actually wanting to emulate the gameday atmosphere (much smaller scale of course). I think he said they only had a 15,000 seat stadium. Nothing in speaking with them would lead me to believe that was fan backed.

I'm not sure who they know at AB but their cans of Bud Light were purple.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If you watched the reaction of the WCU coach when the second chop block was called he was ....ed at his player.
I have a tried and true rule of thumb which I apply often. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS. If the HC lets him play the next game ..... then he wasn't very upset at trying to hurt people.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.