JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Auburn preview: Tigers have been effective in the spoiler role
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 24th, 2014 10:53 PM

. By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Nov. 24, 2014 If there’s a box Nick Saban has yet to fully check off at Alabama, it’s the one marked “dominate one’s in-state rival.” Despite talking about dominating Auburn “365 days a year” in his introductory press conference, it just hasn’t happened. In Saban’s seven seasons at Alabama, […]

Read More Here

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Agreed. We've had the season on the line since Ole Miss, which should have prepared us for the pressure of this game. The key: playing fast and loose and attacking all night long. If we slow the running game and don't give the ball away, we win. But I do believe we'll be getting Auburn's best.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks for the article, Jess always appreciated. I do agree that this will be a close game going deep into the 4th quarter. IMO auburn realized early in the UGA they had little chance to win, while I don't think they quit, they obviously played the final 3 quarters without much intensity. This will not happen against us, no matter the score, the time left or the circumstances they will not quit.

As many others have said, in order to win we need to control the lines of scrimmage, sustain drives and make their offense spectators. This game, maybe more so than any game we play, is so heavily influenced by one team's momentum and as we all know that swings a lot of different ways during the course of a game. I think both teams have issues in their secondaries that can be exploited, the play of the secondaries will be a key factor in the final outcome.

My final thought is surprisingly simple; the QB that makes the most big plays and limits poor decisions and turnovers will be the winning QB. Should be a real white knuckler in TTown.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Which team is going to officiate? I guarantee that Gus is going to bring on everything he has. That is going to mean chop blocks, illegal formations, lineman blocking downfield and 12 men on offense, all cloaked by a pseudo HUNH and a maniac coach screaming at the officials from the sideline. Unless the officials are willing to take control, it could turn into a circus.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Which team is going to officiate? I guarantee that Gus is going to bring on everything he has. That is going to mean chop blocks, illegal formations, lineman blocking downfield and 12 men on offense, all cloaked by a pseudo HUNH and a maniac coach screaming at the officials from the sideline. Unless the officials are willing to take control, it could turn into a circus.
I'm betting they get called for a sideline warning at some point. Also hopefully the one with 8 officials.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
"In the other four seasons, though, Saban has won three times by blowouts – 2008, 2011 and 2012. In 2009, Alabama needed a final, go-ahead drive to beat an Auburn team that was far overmatched in the game. It’s because of this resume that the Auburn game would worry most Alabama fans even if Auburn was planning to start its band, with the English faculty set to come off the bench in reserve."

My sentiments exactly....:D

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I think this game may not be that close at the end of the first half, we may easily have a 2 or 3 score lead. But unfortunately the game will be far from over. We will need some proper offensive execution in the 3rd quarter, something we have been badly lacking this last several games.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Comfortable win if we play our A game, but we haven't done that much this season. We seem to lose focus in the 2nd half for some inexplicable reason.

Let's hope that's not the case today.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.