Auburn loses two defensive linemen for Iron Bowl; rest of Tigers expected to play

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I know the circumstances are much different, but I don't see this as an advantage much. I remember a game where they were playing, what, their 3rd string running back because 1 and 2 were injured, and he ran all over Bama. Yeah, I know, the circumstances were much different, but Bama has a few injuries too. If all things were equal with no injuries, I'd still feel the same way - Bama stomps a mudhole in that barn behind.

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH
Yes we are injured but I really think only Vogler and Stewart are in serious pain so to speak. I think the rest would have played in that game if it wasnt WC. Auburn has different injuries, they have guys that arent actually playing. Lambert is a bit of a loss and it will expose their depth. Williams is a play maker. I wonder what strength he will be at, but hes been back at practice for almost two weeks now.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I know the circumstances are much different, but I don't see this as an advantage much. I remember a game where they were playing, what, their 3rd string running back because 1 and 2 were injured, and he ran all over Bama. Yeah, I know, the circumstances were much different, but Bama has a few injuries too. If all things were equal with no injuries, I'd still feel the same way - Bama stomps a mudhole in that barn behind.
I remember but this year's team is head and shoulders better than both of those 2002 teams.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Ah, memories! The running back was Tre Smith. He was pretty small for a division 1 running back. We were thin at fullback too. Had to stick our tight end back there.

As for Saturday, I agree. I'm not expecting us to be competitive after a few good hits to the jaw. I'll be surprised (but delighted!) if we're in it in the fourth quarter.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Their first string defense is so bad that I doubt we can tell the difference between these first string injured guys and a healthy second string, so I think it makes little difference to bama. I do feel bad for the players though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think it affects the team as a whole... having Duke back at 50 percent... Not good for them. if I was Auburn, I would sit him until he's 100 percent.
I disagree - Just having Duke on the field will change you ability to keep another safety close to the LOS in run protection - and stopping their running game is very, very important. Auburn is not as dangerous when you can have a safety assigned to Coates on every play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.