Auburn loses two defensive linemen for Iron Bowl; rest of Tigers expected to play

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
According to one of the talking heads, I THINK it was Danielson, Duke runs primarily straight deep routes so it shouldn't bother him much.
Making him fight though some good bump and run coverage should help test that knee out.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
it seems like thats all that any of their receivers run. hail mary's seem to be an integral part of gus' game plan
That is true, to a point. They have their running game, and they have the long passing game. Their short passing game is horrible, and that is where Marshall throws his interceptions.

Their long passing game is sorta like aTm's under Manziel - the QB scrambles around, the WRs run deep and then move to an open place on the field, and Marshall chucks it up there. If Alabama can limit their success on these pass plays, I doubt that Marshall will have 100 yard passing on the day. But if you can't, Williams and Coates will make to pay like Evans did. They both remind me of Evans in their size and ability to go up and take the ball away from defenders, even when well covered.

The good news - Marshall is no Manziel. Pressure Marshall and these plays will not have time to develop. Let him run around back there and you will put too much pressure on your DBs.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
That is true, to a point. They have their running game, and they have the long passing game. Their short passing game is horrible, and that is where Marshall throws his interceptions.

Their long passing game is sorta like aTm's under Manziel - the QB scrambles around, the WRs run deep and then move to an open place on the field, and Marshall chucks it up there. If Alabama can limit their success on these pass plays, I doubt that Marshall will have 100 yard passing on the day. But if you can't, Williams and Coates will make to pay like Evans did. They both remind me of Evans in their size and ability to go up and take the ball away from defenders, even when well covered.

The good news - Marshall is no Manziel. Pressure Marshall and these plays will not have time to develop. Let him run around back there and you will put too much pressure on your DBs.
Good job, B1G. Describes it precisely. I expect us to try to lay some licks on Marshall. Teams that just let him run around like at the sand lot get beat. Teams that execute coordinated defensive schemes can hold them down.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Personally I am not worried about their offense, only ours. Against that defense Auburn has put on the field lately, Bama should be able to name the score! A lack luster performance by our offense will keep them in the game. If the offense that played A&M and Florida shows up this game will be over before the half.

Auburn is subject to making some big plays on offense, but they are not going to run roughshod over our defense. A 48 to 24 game for the good guys seems about right to me if our offense performs up to snuff. ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.