An Iron Bowl Friendship That Will Warm Your Heart

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Heard about this earlier in the season but definitely good to hear it now!

On another note (of the soapbox variety) I would not mind it if this rivalry came down just one notch -- let it still be a big rivalry but not one where we're destroying each others' property and each other. Both sides have had participants in the bad stuff. But that's just me. I can't speak for anyone else or expect anyone else to agree.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I know this little girl Kayla and her family. She is a great joy and blessing to all she encounters. God bless both of these young ladies.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Kinda dusty in here....
It's pollen, I think. It's here, too. What brave young ladies. I hope against hope that they're both around to see dozens more Iron Bowls. And, props to Mrs. Mazahn for taking the time out to visit with them and host them at the game this weekend.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Heard about this earlier in the season but definitely good to hear it now!

On another note (of the soapbox variety) I would not mind it if this rivalry came down just one notch -- let it still be a big rivalry but not one where we're destroying each others' property and each other. Both sides have had participants in the bad stuff. But that's just me. I can't speak for anyone else or expect anyone else to agree.
Agree 100%. Heck, it wouldn't bother me one iota if the stupid thing just went away! I really have gotten to where I do not enjoy it, regardless of if we win or not. It's toxic now. I lost a good friend over the 2009 Iron Bowl. That person is STILL angry at me to this day over something I said during that ball game years ago, despite the fact that I have apologized and asked for that person's forgiveness. Silly. Of course, in retrospect, I later saw that our friendship had been a lie anyway, but nevertheless, it just goes to show how horrific this "football rivalry" has become.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.