What if Braxton Miller transfers to Oregon?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Meyer is trying to convince Braxton to stay, but I doubt that it works. His passing stats looked fine until Barrett got going. Miller is the better runner, but not by much. Barrett is a far better passer. I just don't see Miller as the starter next year unless Barrett gets hurt.

Miller believes that he can play in the NFL, and he knows that he needs to start somewhere next year for that to happen. I just don't see him at OSU next season. Of the teams mentioned in this thread, the one running an offense most conducive to mutual success would be Auburn. But Miller is also injury prone and I wonder if he could stand up to the beatings that he would take in the SEC. If I were in his shoes, I would look to Oregon - mostly because he won't take a pounding and he would almost certainly start there next year.

Not sure why anyone would go to FSU right now. That place is a sewer.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
I really don't think Florida will be an option, if he's smart. New coach means team in transition, which rarely translates to immediate success.

He won't go to an SEC school if there's an option such as Oregon where the defensive competition will not be as tough.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
When I did my breakdown of where I thought he might go, Auburn was one that was intriguing...but not going to happen. People are calling for Jeremy Johnson to start NOW, and if something was to happen to keep him off the field (i.e. Mariotta) he would transfer and derail the Barn's "future". So they aren't really a candidate.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Meyer is trying to convince Braxton to stay, but I doubt that it works. His passing stats looked fine until Barrett got going. Miller is the better runner, but not by much. Barrett is a far better passer. I just don't see Miller as the starter next year unless Barrett gets hurt.

Miller believes that he can play in the NFL, and he knows that he needs to start somewhere next year for that to happen. I just don't see him at OSU next season. Of the teams mentioned in this thread, the one running an offense most conducive to mutual success would be Auburn. But Miller is also injury prone and I wonder if he could stand up to the beatings that he would take in the SEC. If I were in his shoes, I would look to Oregon - mostly because he won't take a pounding and he would almost certainly start there next year.

Not sure why anyone would go to FSU right now. That place is a sewer.
Those were my thoughts also. He will go to B1G West and play where he will feel more comfortable.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Don't confuse him with facts. Especially his own remarks.
C'mon, cut the quack(er) some slack. Braxton Miller might be transferring to Oregon, as in the state, not necessarily transferring to Zer-O-gon, as in the football NC-less university. Why, he would probably be the instant starter at QB for Willamette, the NAIA school over in Salem.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
He can play immediately, and if Mariotta leaves as expected, Oregon would be in a heck of a position getting an established QB as a stopgap.

If I were making a list of spots for him (assuming he doesn't just decided to go to the NFL), my top five would be as follows:

1. Oregon (assumes MM is leaving)
2. FSU (Winston is a shoe-in to leave, right?)
3. Florida (Instant impact on a team with a good bit of talent around)
4. Mississippi St (Dak is gone, and Mullen is close with Meyer.)
5. Any one of Mississippi/Baylor/UCLA/UGA (All these teams are/could be looking for new QB's and will have talent to entice)
If he's smart, he won't come to the SEC. I would think he would get exposed here (or at least "think" he would) -- or -- a good spin on it -- FSU would be a great place to showcase his talents against of course, the ACC. Though personally, I would love to see him come to the SEC. He seems to be a good kid. Heck why not Alabama? Oh yeah we don't know how to take dual-threat QB's here. ;)

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Well, I think it would probably be good for his NFL aspirations but it wouldn't really help Oregon tremendously. It would still be a downgrade at QB not only in talent but in experience. And that's assuming he would stay healthy. It wouldn't hurt Oregon, but I also don't think that having Miller would put them in the national championship.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Notre Dame was choking - because we had our foot on their throat
Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Braxton, that's a dumb question... skip that. :biggrin2:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
There was a thread on one of the barn boards suggesting the possibility he could come there.
From what I have read and heard, the barn won't lose much when NM graduates; JJ may be a fraction of a step slower than NM and maybe not quite as quick but he is a lot bigger and has a much better arm. BM ain't going to the barn.
Frankly, I'm not sure why JJ hasn't played more than he has.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.