What if Braxton Miller transfers to Oregon?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think Miller to Oregon would be awesome. They could get beat three times, sell tons of autographs, and he might just be the cancer the rest of the country needs to erase this band of wannabees from the college football landscape and go back to their role of being Oregon State's big brother

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Miller to Oregon would be awesome. They could get beat three times, sell tons of autographs, and he might just be the cancer the rest of the country needs to erase this band of wannabees from the college football landscape and go back to their role of being Oregon State's big brother
Miller - cancer? You couldn't be more wrong.

Miller has been a team player every year. He helped and supported Guiton last year after he became injured, and he has helped and supported Barrett this year even knowing that it could cost him his position as a starter next season. Also remember that Saban offered Miller in 2010.

Selfishly, I would love to see him end his career at OSU. I know that Meyer could find a way to put both on the field at the same time and make things very interesting. But Miller needs to do what is best for him, and that probably means leaving the Buckeyes.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Literally everything I've heard regarding Miller is that he is a really good guy - I think he'd be an addition to any team, but think he'd better serve his career if he stayed at OSU and moved to tight end, WR, or RB, a la Denard Robinson.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Literally everything I've heard regarding Miller is that he is a really good guy - I think he'd be an addition to any team, but think he'd better serve his career if he stayed at OSU and moved to tight end, WR, or RB, a la Denard Robinson.
I think he gets injured too often to move to any of those positions; as a D/T QB, he gets hurt a lot. I don't think he stays at OSU, but I have no idea where he will go. Losing your starting position, for a QB, due to injury, is a hard pill to swallow; and because they usually have the biggest egos (and that's not necessarily a bad thing), even though he may be a "good guy", I don't see him staying.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Miller - cancer? You couldn't be more wrong.

Miller has been a team player every year. He helped and supported Guiton last year after he became injured, and he has helped and supported Barrett this year even knowing that it could cost him his position as a starter next season. Also remember that Saban offered Miller in 2010.

Selfishly, I would love to see him end his career at OSU. I know that Meyer could find a way to put both on the field at the same time and make things very interesting. But Miller needs to do what is best for him, and that probably means leaving the Buckeyes.
I'm mixing him up with your last QB, sorry bout that

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think he gets injured too often to move to any of those positions
Hence my mention of Denard Robinson - he was constantly hurt at Michigan, yet he's doing well in the NFL now at RB.

Braxton isn't going to be an NFL QB, so his best chance is to use his athleticism elsewhere on the field, imo. Worked for Robinson...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
From what I have read and heard, the barn won't lose much when NM graduates; JJ may be a fraction of a step slower than NM and maybe not quite as quick but he is a lot bigger and has a much better arm. BM ain't going to the barn.
Frankly, I'm not sure why JJ hasn't played more than he has.
I think you underestimate NM's running ability by comparing him to being only a little better than JJ's running ability. That's the only reason he's been the Barner's qb the last two years. I don't think JJ's running ability is anywhere near NM's and if it were he'd be playing right now because he'd be a major upgrade in the passing department.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm mixing him up with your last QB, sorry bout that
Yeah, Pryor and that whole group of seniors set aside the NCAA rulebook and put themselves ahead of the team. I could probably accept it if it were for something that they really needed - but for tats? And don't even get me started on Tressel. But this isn't the day for those thoughts. I am thankful that those days have been put behind us and did not seriously harm our program.

In other news - one of our players has come up missing. He hasn't been seen or heard from since 2am yesterday and he has missed all football practices. I hope that he is safe out there, but it is beginning to look grim:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...buckeye-kosta-karageorge-says-son-is-missing/

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
It's a shame that J.T. Barrett has a broken ankle to end an amazing season by anyone's standards. For the sake of discussion, does this new development do anything to change the discussion of whether Braxton Miller likely stays at OSU or goes elsewhere? My guess is that it does not, but I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's a shame that J.T. Barrett has a broken ankle to end an amazing season by anyone's standards. For the sake of discussion, does this new development do anything to change the discussion of whether Braxton Miller likely stays at OSU or goes elsewhere? My guess is that it does not, but I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.
It has to change things if he is looking for a reason to stay at OSU. No one can know how well Barrett will recover from this for a while yet since it was an ankle. He would not be as effective without his mobility in this offense.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Might not be as bad of an idea as it sounds. Cutcliffe has worked wonders with that program.
Working with a great QB coach and be the immediate starter probably sounds great to Miller. Also helps that he would be playing the ACC, easy wins for days

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.