What if Braxton Miller transfers to Oregon?

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Didnt you call for your current head coach to be fired about this time last year?
The Stanford demon has been exorcised and the team looks stronger later in the season despite the injuries than last year's team. Last year's team was mentally weak. This year's team looks different. Went to Utah, the team got some injuries but came away with a brutal win. Oregon can play with the big boys.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The Stanford demon has been exorcised and the team looks stronger later in the season despite the injuries than last year's team. Last year's team was mentally weak. This year's team looks different. Went to Utah, the team got some injuries but came away with a brutal win. Oregon can play with the big boys.

I hope we end up playing both Oregon and FSU in the playoffs. They will both turn into another Bama/ND story.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
LOL - beat a good Stanford team, dude. I don't know if you know it, but they are 6-5 this year. And Utah??? 7-4 and 5th place in their division Utah? Arizona just beat them 42-10!

You HAVE NOT played with any big boys this year.

Last edited:

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Heres a funny quote from last year regarding losing Oregon's biggest rivalry game so Helfrich would get fired:

Dude it's not hate. It's for the good of the program. There are many Oregon fans that agree with this feeling. Something is very wrong, the program is taking a total nosedive, and someone else needs to step up to lead. We don't have the luxury of being bad for a couple of seasons like other teams that have a strong backyard recruiting garden and tradition to fall back on.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Sparring makes for interesting threads. The truth is that both Oregon and Alabama have very good teams this year, and I hope we get to settle the debate of who is the better team in January. As for the question at hand, the more I think about it, the more I think that Miller may leave his home state in his final year of eligibility to increase his draft potential. Oregon is a great option.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Sparring makes for interesting threads. The truth is that both Oregon and Alabama have very good teams this year, and I hope we get to settle the debate of who is the better team in January. As for the question at hand, the more I think about it, the more I think that Miller may leave his home state in his final year of eligibility to increase his draft potential. Oregon is a great option.
Oregon would love to have him after Marcus Mariota leaves. Braxton would be a great fit in the offense. He'd be ready to go right out of the stable.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I think Braxton would be foolish not to seriously consider transferring somewhere. He's one of those quarterbacks who always has mountainous expectations, but can never quite meet the hype. Maybe a change in scenery will be the shot in the arm he needs.

Ohio State also needs to plan for the future, and they probably have as good, if not a better, chance of both long and short-term success with the new guy.

Oregon would be a great fit for Braxton, and of the teams mentioned, it probably gives him the best place to win and be in the spotlight. I don't think Miller is half the quarterback that Mariota is, but I think he would be a perfect system fit for the ducks. Seems to me that it would be a best case scenario for all 3 parties.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I think Braxton would be foolish not to seriously consider transferring somewhere. He's one of those quarterbacks who always has mountainous expectations, but can never quite meet the hype. Maybe a change in scenery will be the shot in the arm he needs.

Ohio State also needs to plan for the future, and they probably have as good, if not a better, chance of both long and short-term success with the new guy.

Oregon would be a great fit for Braxton, and of the teams mentioned, it probably gives him the best place to win and be in the spotlight. I don't think Miller is half the quarterback that Mariota is, but I think he would be a perfect system fit for the ducks. Seems to me that it would be a best case scenario for all 3 parties.
Agree. He would be an excellent temporary replacement for Mariota while Oregon finds the next Heisman caliber QB. Helfrich may have not proved himself as a coach yet, but he's an excellent recruiter. Case in point: Our freshman running back Royce Freeman plays like a senior and is beyond mature for being only a freshman. He's the kind of guy who could make the leap to the NFL after only two years playing college ball.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I could name a half dozen places he could go and be very successful in his first year. In the sec I would have to give Ole Miss and Florida a look. ATM would not be a bad fit either. I think he could make Arkansas deadly. MSU could use him but they lose too much of their to be a serious option.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
LSU should be kicking that tire. Harris and Jennings look like Jefferson 2.0's

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.