What if Braxton Miller transfers to Oregon?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He can play immediately, and if Mariotta leaves as expected, Oregon would be in a heck of a position getting an established QB as a stopgap.

If I were making a list of spots for him (assuming he doesn't just decided to go to the NFL), my top five would be as follows:

1. Oregon (assumes MM is leaving)
2. FSU (Winston is a shoe-in to leave, right?)
3. Florida (Instant impact on a team with a good bit of talent around)
4. Mississippi St (Dak is gone, and Mullen is close with Meyer.)
5. Any one of Mississippi/Baylor/UCLA/UGA (All these teams are/could be looking for new QB's and will have talent to entice)

Last edited:

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
I have not seen this on some of the Ohio sites I look at. He has one year left to play bc of the red shirt this season. The young man is from Dayton so Cincinnati or a MAc school MAY be possible but I would have to see it to believe it.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I believe he's got 1 year of eligibility left. He may not be the next Mariota, but given that he's got 1+ seasons of FBS football under his belt in a spread offense, he'd be an easy transition for Oregon. Not sure who they have behind Mariota that could step in as easily as Miller can.

I' also interested to hear our what our resident OSU fan has to say about Miller transferring.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
The public word from Coach Meyer is that OSU is fortunate to have 2 solid QB returning next year. That's it. I'm sure Miller will have a private discussion with Coach Meyer regarding the possibility of being passed over for the underclassman. If he feels like the risk of that happening is too high, it wouldn't surprise me to see him look elsewhere. I can already hear the OSU fan chants for Barrett every time Miller throws an INT or misses an easy completion. Oregon would be a high-profile spot and good fit for a dual-threat QB. I hope he stays at OSU.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
There's almost no way Meyer can pull Barrett and play Miller for one year and then go back to Barrett- with the way Barrett is playing. Miller will transfer or enter the draft..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Phil Steele talked about this Saturday. He mentioned another possible school - LSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
He can play immediately, and if Mariotta leaves as expected, Oregon would be in a heck of a position getting an established QB as a stopgap.

If I were making a list of spots for him (assuming he doesn't just decided to go to the NFL), my top five would be as follows:

1. Oregon (assumes MM is leaving)
2. FSU (Winston is a shoe-in to leave, right?)
3. Florida (Instant impact on a team with a good bit of talent around)
4. Mississippi St (Dak is gone, and Mullen is close with Meyer.)
5. Any one of Mississippi/Baylor/UCLA/UGA (All these teams are/could be looking for new QB's and will have talent to entice)
I think if FL gets a really aggressive imtelligent coach he would go for Miller. As has already been stated, he would make an imediate impact which would be good for the new coach. They also are in desperate need of one. Here`s to FL never getting a good qb again because I think that they could be lethal with one.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
There was a thread on one of the barn boards suggesting the possibility he could come there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.