3 Bama Players named Finalists for Season Awards (so far)

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Bilentnikoff Award (nation's top WR) - Amari Cooper
Ray Guy Award (nation's top Punter) - JK Scott
Jim Thorpe Award (nation's top DB) - Landon Collins

Kudos to these young men

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Amari Cooper is a lock. JK Scott should win, but will not. Landon Collins doesn't stand a chance. Would really surprise me if he wins.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Amari Cooper is a lock. JK Scott should win, but will not. Landon Collins doesn't stand a chance. Would really surprise me if he wins.
I would love to see Scott win the Ray Guy award...I haven't kept up with other punters. Who do you think is more likely to win it? I can't say enough how awesome he has been for us.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Can't believe that the Maxwell didn't include Sims. Congrats to the 3 finalists.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
Congrats to these young men for their success on the field and their accomplishments off the field. These young men have been great ambassadors for the program, each hailing from a different part of the country. RTR!!!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think Scott should win, but might not as a freshman. I think Collins should win but probably will not because the Louisville kid has thirteen interceptions. Thirteen! I think that stat is glaring and will probably trump everything else. The selection committees don't watch all the games, especially not many Louisville games and rely on stats.

I think it is unfair that Sims is up for few awards. He has been terrific this year.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Bilentnikoff Award (nation's top WR) - Amari Cooper
Ray Guy Award (nation's top Punter) - JK Scott
Jim Thorpe Award (nation's top DB) - Landon Collins

Kudos to these young men
The player that has impressed me the most has been Landon Collins. Dude has turned into a General on the field. He is not flashy but he gets done in all phases of the defensive game. And he aint shabby on special teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.