CFN: Auburn at Alabama

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
" When the defense is getting behind the line, big things happen, but there were only three times so far this year when the D failed to come up with five tackles for loss – Mississippi State, Texas A&M and Ole Miss. Auburn lost all three games."

Auburn lost to Ole Miss? News to me.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
" When the defense is getting behind the line, big things happen, but there were only three times so far this year when the D failed to come up with five tackles for loss – Mississippi State, Texas A&M and Ole Miss. Auburn lost all three games."

Auburn lost to Ole Miss? News to me.
Well, they should have. Their last miracle saved that game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Oh brother...I hope they are wrong about Bama having to get a 4th qt. stop to win.

I'd love to watch this game in the second half with J. Coker and our second and third teamers getting some quality reps!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I'm at a loss....on one hand, I think we will mop the field with them....then, I start thinking about some of the recent outcomes....I can't pick it.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Like I said in the prediction thread, my head is trying to get my heart to come back down to earth because my heart thinks we win big. I still have a good feeling about this game though, but these games you can never tell. I just can't see Auburn winning after what happened last year. Plus we get them at home at night. BDS is going to be rocking. We didn't make a late comeback against LSU, and beat State just to let us lose to our biggest rival. I think Bama makes a statement.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
I'm at a loss....on one hand, I think we will mop the field with them....then, I start thinking about some of the recent outcomes....I can't pick it.

42-14 & 49-0 should give you some comfort.

except for 2009 we were banged up bad, our teams should have beat them my 3 TD's every game even Camgate. We just did not convert 3rd downs or perform well in the red zone, everyone wants to blame the kicking game but a lot of inefficiencies lead to that opportunity

59/0 Bama wins!

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
I'm glad we were not idle last week, as we seem to stumble to get started in those situations. Also, I hope Cooper has fully recovered and 100 percent because he is such a difference maker. As others have mentioned, this becomes a struggle between the heart and the mind. My mind says Bama wins big, but I realize this is always a game that swings heavily on emotions. Our loss to Ole Miss, I believe, gave this team the motivation it needs to finish strong. If we have good QB play in the passing game, I believe we will take the barn behind the barn for a good ole fashion whoopin.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
You never know with this game what might happen, but I'd be a lot more confident if we were a little healthier. Should be a good one, I'm looking forward to it. I think home field will be a big factor in this one, hope I'm right.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Agreed. And as far as the head heart distinction, it is my head that thinks we win big. My heart is still skittish.
I agree! The "facts" - the won/loss records, our strengths vs their weakness, and, in general the way we've played recently vs. the way they've played recently all point to a win.

Then, there is the unexplainable Barner voodoo that troubles the heart.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We may score every time we get the ball.

Bama 54
Auburn 17

RTR!
Alasippi, I sure hope that you are accurate with this prediction.

The only way I would feel better is to have a "0" where you have "17".

I would like to see an illness on the Barn side that a doctor can't help: fumbleitis! Throw in a few interceptions for some pick-6es also.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
42-14 & 49-0 should give you some comfort.

except for 2009 we were banged up bad, our teams should have beat them my 3 TD's every game even Camgate. We just did not convert 3rd downs or perform well in the red zone, everyone wants to blame the kicking game but a lot of inefficiencies lead to that opportunity

59/0 Bama wins!
yeah, in 2010, if mark's fumble goes out of bounds or if trent catches the wideopen end zone pass that was in his hands we win (there were a lot of what ifs in that game, but these were more wth moments)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Give me a 1-point lead and give me all zeroes on the clock.

While I acknowledge that chalk normally holds in the game, the losses in '72, '82, '86, '93, '97, 2010 and 2013, individually, are among the weirdest football games I've ever seen. Together, they are a trans-generational horror show.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
You never know with this game what might happen, but I'd be a lot more confident if we were a little healthier. Should be a good one, I'm looking forward to it. I think home field will be a big factor in this one, hope I'm right.
Personally, I feel that we most always have at least a fair amount of angst about this game, regardless of the apparent disparity between the teams in those years where we`re objectively superior. I think that that angst is well placed. That`s because this is THE game for Auburn. They will always put every bit of their heart, soul, emotion and energy into this game. To my knowledge, they do not and never have felt or done otherwise. That`s how they hang around and do such things as block two consecutive punts and run them in or return a missed field goal on the last play of the game. This is all my opinion, of course.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.