Lane Kiffin up for the Broyles (Top Assistant)

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
We may not have liked the young arrogant, brash, Lane Kiffin at Tennessee, but he is a top notch Offensive mind. Turns out Lane Kiffin is a major asset to our quarterbacks too.
AND...
Lane Kiffin relates to High school guys, and makes them want to play for him.

As an assistant at Alabama, Lane is on the sideline with our guys, they feed off his enthusiasm.
Like Coach Saban, Lane coaches during the game too.
Lane has kept Blake's head in the game, and helped turn Blake into a surprise sensation.
Coach Saban's system of assistants having little contact with the media has been an asset to Coach Kiffin.

Dare I say that Coach Saban has been a good influence on Lane Kiffin and has maybe helped him grow.
Glad to see Coach Kiffin up for the award. He may just earn it.
I agree with all of this.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Honestly, Idid not like the hire at first, I thought his ego would get the Best of him. But to his credit not only has he listen & learned from CNS, he has brought a office to Bama I have not seen since Homer Smith, First stint.

I wish CLK success & hope we can keep him a few years. I think he is goin to be a Great Recruiter.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He is now one of five finalists for the award.

Lane Kiffin, Alabama OC:

Dave Steckel, Mizzou DC:

Tom Herman, Ohio State OC:

Scott Frost, Oregon OC:

Doug Meacham, TCU Co-OC:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He is now one of five finalists for the award.

Lane Kiffin, Alabama OC:

Dave Steckel, Mizzou DC:

Tom Herman, Ohio State OC:

Scott Frost, Oregon OC:

Doug Meacham, TCU Co-OC:

Those are good choices for finalists anyway you slice it. I think if we have another big day against Mizzou then Kiffy will win the award because everyone likes a redemption story. I think he probably gets it anyways.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I didn't know Scott Frost was the OC for Oregon!!! That was Nebraska's NC QB in '97 when they still ran the Triple Option. He had a very memorable season saving flea flicker TD on 4th down against Mizzou where the pass ricocheted of a players foot and WR caught if I remember right. That dude was awesome.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Obviously Coach Kiffin has done a great job. Sometimes I get frustrated when Bama's running game is working and we throw the ball unsuccessfully, like Saturday. But hey, he knew something I didn't and put a truckload of points on the Barn in the 4th quarter.

If I had a vote, CLK would get it. I didn't like him at all at the start of the season and was gleeful when he was fired at USC. Turns out, he's the better man I have to eat crow.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Two finalist our oc and mizzou dc get to meet each other before the award. Maybe that game could decide the winner.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.