I believe we'll see ground and pound Saturday

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
We don't have that kind of team this year. We have more a finesse offense that attacks the edges of the field with speed more so than power running between the tackles..

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Our offensive line hasn't allowed us to ground and pound anyone this season. That's not this team's identity and it won't change this late in the season.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
In response to the OP, I will be shocked if we come out with grind it out mentality. As others have said, we simply aren't that team this year. We have the best receiver in the country, and a supporting cast (Howard, White, Jones, Black, etc) that is very underrated. This is our strength offensively, and it just so happens to be the barn's biggest weakness.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Our offensive philosophy we have had all year will not change for this game. Hopefully the execution, focus and play calling will be spot on. If so we should score in the 48 point range against their defense. If not then it will be a fight to the end and that scares me. Haven't come out on the winning side of late in close games against them. They usually take advantage of their opportunities. We have to capitalize on our opportunities and if we do we will win going away I believe. 48-24

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Adding an OL for run blocking takes away some things from the offense (though Greene had just about as big of a reception as any TE this season :D).

I think it could happen in short yardage but we need Howard to make sound blocks tomorrow in regular sets.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Whatever the reason....personnel or play calling preference....we have not been ground & pound all year and we won't be Saturday. I suspect that the OP, like myself, is having a difficult time adjusting to Alabama being anything other than a power run team. Despite the fact that we are #1 and favored to win the NC (by odds makers anyways) it still frustrates me to no end when we don't pound teams. I know I'm just being stubborn but I can't help it.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Whatever the reason....personnel or play calling preference....we have not been ground & pound all year and we won't be Saturday. I suspect that the OP, like myself, is having a difficult time adjusting to Alabama being anything other than a power run team. Despite the fact that we are #1 and favored to win the NC (by odds makers anyways) it still frustrates me to no end when we don't pound teams. I know I'm just being stubborn but I can't help it.
I feel ya brother but I'm not upset. We have a bunch of awesome talent but infant- young on the O-line. I'm pleased with the coaching and the schemes. If we were senior-laden i'd be after their

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.