I believe we'll see ground and pound Saturday

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
I wish we would, but don't see it with this current offense. Hopefully Kiffin moves on soon and we get back to imposing our will on people and running the ball.

RTR '14

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
....................................... I never will understand why people still complain about Kiffin's stye with the offense, and complained about not running and pounding...when people are going to realize that teams have been loading up the boxes all season long, They have called run plays a lot, and Sims checked out of it a lot... Dang.
I wish we would, but don't see it with this current offense. Hopefully Kiffin moves on soon and we get back to imposing our will on people and running the ball.

RTR '14

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think we finally run with authority in this game. Factor is TJ Yeldon. He hasnt' been healthy all season long. When healthy, He plays well.. like he did against MSU. I think we're going to try and run between tackle to test the DT to see how it goes. I wouldn't be surprised if we are still scripting plays well into first half. Auburn have issues with tackling big runners such as Henry and then we have Jones and Henry... Could be too much for them.
Interesting point on the combination of two DTs out and scripted plays.

On the one hand, we haven't been able to run consistently, when we want to (as opposed to when the D plays nickel or dime), all year.

On the other hand, Auburn's D isn't all that good to begin with, and they're missing two interior linemen.

Of course, our best OL is banged up at best, realistically limited, and worst case not effective; our best blocking TE is out, and neither Yeldon nor Henry have been fully healthy all year.

I think we test the interior, but I'm not expecting a lot different outcome than if everyone on both sides were healthy -- which would be inconsistency, especially when they have safeties up in the box.

My personal goal for the running game is what we've seen all year, minus the incredibly ill-timed fumbles.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think we finally run with authority in this game. Factor is TJ Yeldon. He hasnt' been healthy all season long. When healthy, He plays well.. like he did against MSU. I think we're going to try and run between tackle to test the DT to see how it goes. I wouldn't be surprised if we are still scripting plays well into first half. Auburn have issues with tackling big runners such as Henry and then we have Jones and Henry... Could be too much for them.
Man, I'd love it if you're right. It's just that, after 11 games of inconsistent running, I have a hard time seeing how it suddenly changes in the 12th.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Howard? I assume you mean OJ Howard? Before the game, we need someone to introduce him to our QB's. It doesn't seem like they know who he is.
Maybe they would throw it to him more if he caught the passes that came his way .

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think after dealing with previous OC, and I meant no disrespect toward them, I think I can understand why Saban wanted a fresh approach to the offense and He got that. Believe it or not, I think players are responding to Kiffin better than they did with Nuss. Secondly, I think our running game like other has stated has moments here and there, but I think I can honestly say there's lot of factors behind it: OL not physically talented, Injuries, Defense stacking up against us, We finally have QB that can run... etc. All I know is that when that moment comes where the game is on the line, Sims, Cooper, Howard, White, Jones, Henry, Yeldon, Volger, have stepped up big time this year. If we run the table, WE could see Yeldon and Henry having 1,000 yard rush with Cooper having 1,800 plus in receiving... Think about that for a moment. I Just think that tomorrow we will see running game little more especially when we know Auburn is struggling against run defense for most part. I dont' care how their number looked this year, they still have hard time with pass and rushing...

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
For some reason, we never seem to do well against perceived weaknesses. For example, Arkansas was a terrible pass defense team. We couldn't pass against them. Tenn is terrible against the run, we couldn't run on them. It leaves me scratching my head alot. But hey a W is a W.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.