I believe we'll see ground and pound Saturday

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
It would give me a warm fuzzy feeling if we ran it down their throats but I really believe we will be doing a lot of taking what the other team,aka the cow collage,gives us. Either way is OK by me.,

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I hate to say it but this year's team doesn't have it in 'em to own the LOS against a decent front. We pass to set up the run. Hope Blake Sims is on his game. We need him to be decisive and poised.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Yes, and one thing I noticed from watching 2013 tape is that they are inconsistent, and get confused at times... I think we'll see Bama " daring" Defense to play out of their comfort zone, and we can expose them left and right. Alabama is very physical team on both side, and I dont' think the D can really handle that.

The big difference this year is a mobile Bama QB. They'll have to zone or they'll get torched. Let them stack the box. That ain't this team's identity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
You know every IB what I think we will do, we don't good & bad. But with Kiffin calling the plays I see it pretty even pass/run plays. I agree with thoes who said we can't ground & pound but when you have receivers like we have this year & anyone not impressed with Blake Sims is crazy. They can triple cover Cooper it won't matter as accurate as Blake has been.

the ONLY thing that is a Concern is ball control, we don't turn it over then I don't think we will ever punt, but Score every time.

on the D side, if the linebackers have a Big day, the Barn will look like LSU in the NCG. Not crossing mid field till the 4th Qtr.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
Maybe, but Kiffen seems to go exactly opposite of the trend. For example, I thought we'd burn out State's weak secondary. Instead, we went to the ground.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe, but Kiffen seems to go exactly opposite of the trend. For example, I thought we'd burn out State's weak secondary. Instead, we went to the ground.
This thought has been like an itch in the back of my mind since. IMO, Kiffin tried to outsmart MSU instead of just attacking their weakness. I hope that he learned from that, but since you won the game, you never know.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
their secondary is the weal spot. I hope we stay aggressive in the passing game and not back away like 2010.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm thinking Jones may get a chance to shine a lil bit in this game ... not due to injuries or anything like that. Just thinking he may have the best success running Saturday. I'm really expecting the Barn to give their best effort Saturday so not expecting it to be a cake walk unless we jump out early and just punch them in the mouth.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
What I think is that we're 10-1, seen by many as the best team in the country, and our only loss was a game we could have easily won had we not turned the ball over at critical times.

So......We don't need to change anything we're doing offensively except execute the plays better. We have wide open guys many times that the QB may not see or may not hit in stride, so we need to be better at that. We have missed assignments and gaps in the running game, and we need to be better at that. And we just need to play smart, disciplined defense, and i believe we will. There is nothing flashy about the Barner team, and they don't compare to us if we play anywhere near our best. I'm not concerned at all about tomorrow as long as our guys are focused and realize what's ahead of them as long as they take care of business. But a 49-0 pasting just like the last time we hosted these folks would be very nice to see.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One factor may be that AU has two starting DTs out. From reading their boards, one of them is supposedly their best defensive players. I suspect we'll do a little testing of their middle. Since Lane scripts the first 16 plays, it'll be interesting to see if he takes that into account...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
One factor may be that AU has two starting DTs out. From reading their boards, one of them is supposedly their best defensive players. I suspect we'll do a little testing of their middle. Since Lane scripts the first 16 plays, it'll be interesting to see if he takes that into account...
Interesting point on the combination of two DTs out and scripted plays.

On the one hand, we haven't been able to run consistently, when we want to (as opposed to when the D plays nickel or dime), all year.

On the other hand, Auburn's D isn't all that good to begin with, and they're missing two interior linemen.

Of course, our best OL is banged up at best, realistically limited, and worst case not effective; our best blocking TE is out, and neither Yeldon nor Henry have been fully healthy all year.

I think we test the interior, but I'm not expecting a lot different outcome than if everyone on both sides were healthy -- which would be inconsistency, especially when they have safeties up in the box.

My personal goal for the running game is what we've seen all year, minus the incredibly ill-timed fumbles.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Howard? I assume you mean OJ Howard? Before the game, we need someone to introduce him to our QB's. It doesn't seem like they know who he is.
I agree at the start of the season we did not target OJ, but we did after game 4. OJ has not performed to the level he can IMO and has to earn touches with making catches he should make. I hope he plays a great game tomorrow.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I agree at the start of the season we did not target OJ, but we did after game 4. OJ has not performed to the level he can IMO and has to earn touches with making catches he should make. I hope he plays a great game tomorrow.
My thought exactly except your wording is better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.