Uniform thread or why I dislike the current trend of other teams

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I'm good with us never changing our uni's & I'm good if the Players wants to play in an alternate uni & our coaches says it's good with them..Our players are the ones that's putting their body in harms way, when they put whatever uniform they put on each game, when the go to war representing The University Of Alabama each game..And should the team as a whole wants to wear an alternate uni for one game a year..I'm good with that as well..I think it should be left up to the players & if they want to wear an alternate uni with the go ahead from our coaches..I will root just as loud & proud no matter what uniform they wear..The one thing in my lifetime I want to see happen, is for us to wear our white helmets in one game, like it or not, the white helmet has a place in our history, and I want to see us break them out just once in my lifetime..
We did wear white helmets in several games when Perkins was coaching.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I am really surprised Auburn has never gone the Oregon route. New uni every game. I hope ours always stays the same. Classic.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
My earliest memory's of Bama Football was when Curry was our HC & it was during the Stalling Years that I really remember getting into college football & Crimson Tide Football with the passion I have for it to this day..I barely remember the Curry years & only remember it cause I remember my Dad cussing the TV & Curry like I have never seen my Dad cuss a Bama Coach..That's really the only reason I remember Curry at Bama cause of my Dad cussing Curry really bad & don't actually remember even watching the games itself with Curry as our HC..Just my Dad cussing Curry like I've never seen him cuss a Bama HC..I have never seen Bama wear our "White Helmets" in an actual game..Just have seen pics & old video clips on YouTube..I want to experience The Crimson Tide wearing our "White Helmets" in just one game..
We did wear white helmets in several games when Perkins was coaching.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
My earliest memory's of Bama Football was when Curry was our HC & it was during the Stalling Years that I really remember getting into college football & Crimson Tide Football with the passion I have for it to this day..I barely remember the Curry years & only remember it cause I remember my Dad cussing the TV & Curry like I have never seen my Dad cuss a Bama Coach..That's really the only reason I remember Curry at Bama cause of my Dad cussing Curry really bad & don't actually remember even watching the games itself with Curry as our HC..Just my Dad cussing Curry like I've never seen him cuss a Bama HC..
Gotcha, and I can not say I blame your dad at all for cursing Curry.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Be the best you can be. Wear the uniform of the team you represent proudly. There is no need for gimmicks if you do that as a team.

IMO, it is not cool for strong young men who play football to play Dress Up.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
I think this has A LOT to do with recruiting......They want a uniform that is "flashy or cool" to the younger generation. I think that they partner with companies and try to design what a younger generation would like as far as the latest fashion trends...Everybody is trying to be more glamourous nowadays and "bad" with their unis. Only problem is, they are bad, some really bad. I think they are putting out to recruits the message that says "Look we're cool...and if you come play for us, you'll get to wear this uniform. For teams like Oregon. that really don't have a past like Bama does, I get why their doing it, but other teams that do have a past, ahem, OSU and the like I don't get it...and so I think they are trying to give sublimitive messages through their unis to recruits. IDK....I for one am glad Bama has stayed with the original unis. we're saying " Hey we're cool without all the flash."

B

BroadwayJoe777

With that said, as much as I like tradition, I wouldn't mind us going the Chrome helmet route, but that's it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.