Coaches records against Auburn

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
Since the series with AU was renewed in 1948, only one coach at Alabama has won his first game and last game against those people - Gene Stallings. And only Stallings won his last game.

The series is tough on first year and last year coaches (and yeah, losing it helps make it your last year).

J.B. Whitworth, Paul Bryant, Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Mike DuBose, and Mike Shula all lost their first and last game against Auburn.

Only three coaches have won their first - Red Drew, Gene Stallings, and Dennis Franchione.

Drew, Whitworth (fired), Bryant, Perkins, Curry, DuBose (fired), Franchione (quit), and Shula (fired) all lost their last game.

(I would suspect the record is about the same over there. It hasn't been kind to them.)

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States
Since the series with AU was renewed in 1948, only one coach at Alabama has won his first game and last game against those people - Gene Stallings. And only Stallings won his last game.

The series is tough on first year and last year coaches (and yeah, losing it helps make it your last year).

J.B. Whitworth, Paul Bryant, Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Mike DuBose, and Mike Shula all lost their first and last game against Auburn.

Only three coaches have won their first - Red Drew, Gene Stallings, and Dennis Franchione.

Drew, Whitworth (fired), Bryant, Perkins, Curry, DuBose (fired), Franchione (quit), and Shula (fired) all lost their last game.

(I would suspect the record is about the same over there. It hasn't been kind to them.)
And your point? This applies to this year's game how?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

This isn't Coach Saban's first or last game so...

Hooks4bama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2005
Montgomery
I won't slam you like everyone else. Thanks for the stat. Now every one move along. He just offered a statistic, I don't see where he said this pertains to this season.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Lot of undue focus on these sort of statistical trends leading up to the game from folks on both sides. It's all meaningless come Saturday evening.
Except they're not statistical trends. If it were the same players and coaches in every game, then there may be a statistical inference that could be made.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.