Question: What in the wide world of sports is going on with my cell phone???

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
My cell phone recently ran an update and I’m having some major issues all of my apps and have lost all of photos, videos and documents. I’m not 100% certain that it’s a result of the update, because the phone’s calling and texting functions appear to be working perfectly. As near as I can remember, I didn’t try to use any apps for a day or two after the update. The first time I tried to use an app, Netflix, the frame of the Netfilx app opened with only black space in the middle with an error message that said, “Could not load data”. I clicked OK and closed Netflix. When the Apps screen from which Netflix was launched reappeared, an error message popped up that said, “Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.”

When I clicked on the OK button, an error message pooped up that said, “Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.” I closed that and held the home button down to see if the play store app was even open. Even though I hadn’t had the it open in at least a month, it was open.

So, I closed all apps from that screen and, when I went back to the Apps screen where you launch apps. Before I opened anything, I got an error message that said “Unfortunately, CBS Sports has stopped.” I closed that and held the home button down and it showed that no apps at all were running.

None of my apps are working. Error messages are popping up, seemingly at random, telling me that “Unfortunately, ____ has stopped.” When I click on OK, most times another message comes up that tells me that some other app that isn’t running has stopped.

The calling and texting features appear to be fine and my Google email account seems to be good. My calendar and all of my contacts seem to be fine, too. The button is still there where I used to be able to access my work email, but now when I try to open it, it goes directly to the “Set up account” process.

All photos, videos and documents appear to be gone. But, when I connect the phone to my computer, it shows that the phone has about 8 GB of data on the internal memory and the external memory card has 812 MB of data. When I open the phone and card folders, both appear to be empty and say “0 items” in the status bar at the bottom.

If I remove the external memory card and plug it into my computer, it shows five or six folders, including the DCIM folder where all of my photos are that have been save to that card.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running the 4.4.4 operating system. Any idea what might be going on?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
My cell phone recently ran an update and I’m having some major issues all of my apps and have lost all of photos, videos and documents. I’m not 100% certain that it’s a result of the update, because the phone’s calling and texting functions appear to be working perfectly. As near as I can remember, I didn’t try to use any apps for a day or two after the update. The first time I tried to use an app, Netflix, the frame of the Netfilx app opened with only black space in the middle with an error message that said, “Could not load data”. I clicked OK and closed Netflix. When the Apps screen from which Netflix was launched reappeared, an error message popped up that said, “Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.”

When I clicked on the OK button, an error message pooped up that said, “Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.” I closed that and held the home button down to see if the play store app was even open. Even though I hadn’t had the it open in at least a month, it was open.

So, I closed all apps from that screen and, when I went back to the Apps screen where you launch apps. Before I opened anything, I got an error message that said “Unfortunately, CBS Sports has stopped.” I closed that and held the home button down and it showed that no apps at all were running.

None of my apps are working. Error messages are popping up, seemingly at random, telling me that “Unfortunately, ____ has stopped.” When I click on OK, most times another message comes up that tells me that some other app that isn’t running has stopped.

The calling and texting features appear to be fine and my Google email account seems to be good. My calendar and all of my contacts seem to be fine, too. The button is still there where I used to be able to access my work email, but now when I try to open it, it goes directly to the “Set up account” process.

All photos, videos and documents appear to be gone. But, when I connect the phone to my computer, it shows that the phone has about 8 GB of data on the internal memory and the external memory card has 812 MB of data. When I open the phone and card folders, both appear to be empty and say “0 items” in the status bar at the bottom.

If I remove the external memory card and plug it into my computer, it shows five or six folders, including the DCIM folder where all of my photos are that have been save to that card.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running the 4.4.4 operating system. Any idea what might be going on?
Its the NSA in conjunction with ISIS. Just ask Creed's Scott Stapp.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Can't help you Catfish. I dumb about smart phones. Internet forums might be a good place to look.
Been looking. Nothing has helped so far. Most issues seem to be much less universal than what I'm experiencing. Mostly related to specific individual apps, not all of them. And, nothing related to no apps working and loss of photos, videos, email accounts, etc.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Have you simply tried resetting the phone? In my experience that fixes 90% of problems. You should also be able to navigate your settings and undo the update if that fails.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I hope he doesn't mind me selling him out like this, but uafan4life is our resident Android expert (if my memory is correct). He might be able to give you some guidance.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

sounds like some files were corrupted during the update

I'd pull the SD card, make sure your contacts are backed up and then do a factory reset

you can go to google.com/contacts (assuming using chrome and logged in with the same account) and see your contacts online to make sure they are there

you may want to try and back up your pics and vids first too

the factory reset will bring your device back to it's original factory state, you'll have to do your set up again, including setting up your corporate email but your google stuff should come back down from their servers once you log in (contacts, bookmarks will for sure, not sure about pics/vids)

good luck

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.