Sumlin fires DC Snyder at Texas A&M

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Re: Sumlin fires DC at Texas A&M

From Austin to College Station via Gainesville. Now that would be a downgrade in location. But I bet that tag "coach in waiting" will not resurface for a very long time. He is an excellent defensive coach and defense was not the problem at UF. I actually feel for the guy. Handled this with class.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

If I'm Muschamp, I wouldn't jump at aTm yet. It might not be the best situation for him.
I agree. My son would love the hire. There are a lot of good recruits in the state of Texas that he could use on that D.
I'd like to see how he would develop that freshman DE, #15.

If I were him, I'd see what very good head jobs are available this year. If none that would meet his expectations,
then I'd try to hire on with ESPN, CBS, or FOXSports. Then, I'd wait a year to recover from the Gator job while investing
his time in improving his good DC track record and doing some research on what it would take to have a good offense.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

It would probably take at least $1.5 million for A & M to get him + bonuses for performance.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I agree. My son would love the hire. There are a lot of good recruits in the state of Texas that he could use on that D.
I'd like to see how he would develop that freshman DE, #15.

If I were him, I'd see what very good head jobs are available this year. If none that would meet his expectations,
then I'd try to hire on with ESPN, CBS, or FOXSports. Then, I'd wait a year to recover from the Gator job while investing
his time in improving his good DC track record and doing some research on what it would take to have a good offense.
He should listen to you Al.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

This won't happen. But, Pat Narduzzi's (Michigan State's defensive coordinator) name has been thrown around for some job openings. Michigan State would be a perfect place for Muschamp. But it won't happen.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA

Good move by Sumlin. Maybe not so good for the rest of the SECW. If aTm ever gets their act together they will be a perennial power in the SEC.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

You just never know. I think Muschamp will venture out of the SEC.
He might. But the one thing that would be most appealing about the SEC is the money. Michigan State might not want to offer $1 million. An SEC school would probably feel like they HAD to spend at least $1 million to get a good DC.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007

I think mushchamp would be an improvement at vandy as head coach. I think he goes to either tax a&m for the money and no state taxes or he goes to south Carolina and is basically assistant head coach and will learn a great deal from Spurrier and could take over when he retires. My money says usc-e. no hurry up offense to put the defense behind the eightball.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I said last night that TAMU must statrt playing defense if they want to win more games in the SEC. They have had the opportunity to recruit really well by joining the SEC and with UofTexas being down. This made me wonder (and continue to wonder) if the head coach is putting the best players on offense whenever there is a battle on which side to place the player.:confused:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.