SEC Championship Ticket Prices Drop After Missouri Win

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
Prices are dropping like a rock on eBay after Missouri clinched the East yesterday. Wish I would have waited to purchase mine. You can get them for under $200 each on Stubhub now. I think bringing Missouri into the SEC was a huge mistake. Their fans just don't have the passion that the rest of the members do except for maybe Vandy and Kentucky.

I really wanted to play Georgia. The atmosphere would have been so much more electric!

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Prices are dropping like a rock on eBay after Missouri clinched the East yesterday. Wish I would have waited to purchase mine. You can get them for under $200 each on Stubhub now. I think bring Missouri into the SEC was a huge mistake. Their fans just don't have the passion that the rest of the members do except for maybe Vandy and Kentucky.

I really wanted to play Georgia. The atmosphere would have been so much more electric!
If we go, the crowd will probably be 70/30 in the favor of Bama fans. Lol

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Prices are dropping like a rock on eBay after Missouri clinched the East yesterday. Wish I would have waited to purchase mine. You can get them for under $200 each on Stubhub now. I think bring Missouri into the SEC was a huge mistake. Their fans just don't have the passion that the rest of the members do except for maybe Vandy and Kentucky.

You're right. They have had a lot of success in the past two years but you barely hear a peep out of them. Granted, this success was directly related to the SECe being down. Finebaum talked about this when they were brought into the SEC (one of the few times Ive listened to his show). He said that Mizzou is content to go 7-5 every year and go to a mid-level bowl. They don't get it. Outside of AU and Bama they have the most wins in the past two years, and yet they won't travel to ATL to support their team. Last year's SEC championship game was basically a home game for AU.

Edit: I would suggest they were brought into the league for two reasons. First, spreading the SEC footprint to the midwest. Second, to give the conference more basketball cred. Outside of UF and UK basketball in the SEC is a joke. Mizzou is traditionally a decent basketball school although not a great one.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Hey... be glad if we make it, it'll be a walk in the park for us... rest our players early and let young people get some experience playing in the game.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Well, ACCCG tickets can be had for as low as $33. On stubhub. I saw article that Bank of America stadium may tarp off 24,000 seats.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Prices are dropping like a rock on eBay after Missouri clinched the East yesterday. Wish I would have waited to purchase mine. You can get them for under $200 each on Stubhub now. I think bringing Missouri into the SEC was a huge mistake. Their fans just don't have the passion that the rest of the members do except for maybe Vandy and Kentucky.

Well, somebody had to win the East. I think it's easy to say that in hindsight but ya know.....the BIGXII took the wait-and-see approach. How's that working out for them?

Different situations, I know, but still. And hey, who knows, with the East teams all being the pansies that they are, Mizzou might just end up being a football school if they keep collecting hardware.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I didn't think it wasn't right decision to bring in Missouri, but guess what? THey now has as many SEC Championship Game berths as Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Vandy and Kentucky combined. Missouri has 15 SEC wins in three seasons. That's more than any three year period in Kentucky or Vanderbilt history (1933-2014). IF Missouri keeps up like this, it'll be a good move on their behalf. Texas A and M will always be a threat to every team in SEC, but they're not always consistent with their game.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The distance is also a factor as both Bama and Georgia fans could make the game a day trip if they wanted to. While we'd still send a huge crowd if the game was in Kansas City, the overall demand might not be as high.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I didn't think it wasn't right decision to bring in Missouri, but guess what? THey now has as many SEC Championship Game berths as Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Vandy and Kentucky combined. Missouri has 15 SEC wins in three seasons. That's more than any three year period in Kentucky or Vanderbilt history (1933-2014). IF Missouri keeps up like this, it'll be a good move on their behalf. Texas A and M will always be a threat to every team in SEC, but they're not always consistent with their game.
yeah, a and m scared us pretty good this year ;)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I saw an article on Yahoo that said Missouri fans were chanting "We Want Bama" after storming the field yesterday. People will never learn!:D
I checked a few of their message boards last night and they all pretty much said that. They feel that their defense gives them a chance against anyone, and to get national recognition they need to beat Alabama, not MSU. Those seem like intelligent reasons to prefer an Alabama match-up. Of course, they would have to win for that to matter, but what would be the point of beating MSU in the SECCG only to be left out of the playoff. Beat Alabama and who knows...

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I checked a few of their message boards last night and they all pretty much said that. They feel that their defense gives them a chance against anyone, and to get national recognition they need to beat Alabama, not MSU. Those seem like intelligent reasons to prefer an Alabama match-up. Of course, they would have to win for that to matter, but what would be the point of beating MSU in the SECCG only to be left out of the playoff. Beat Alabama and who knows...
I know (sigh). It's tough to be a fan of the kings.:biggrin:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
They want respect. They know respect goes through Bama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They want respect. They know respect goes through Bama.
I agree - It was a very different rationale than you see from fans of other teams that "want" Alabama. Most fans want Alabama because they think that Alabama is overrated and that their team would expose Alabama. Mizzou fans seem to want the match-up for the right reasons.

If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.