Game Thread: GEORGIA vs GT game thread (ACC vs SEC GAME THREAD)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
if they reviewed the play and saw the tech player's knee was down, the run back would not count even if the whistle did not blow. Same should be true if the Tech players progress was stopped. Especially if he is being pushed back.
I disagree everywhere except at the goal line where there is a scrum and there is no way to tell what is happening with the ball. In that case, if the runner is in the middle of a scrum and the scrum starts moving backwards, the lay should be dead. However, I would hate to see plays in the middle of the field where a player isn't wrapped up but is pushed backwards briefly blown dead or ruled dead. Many great plays come out of those situations.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
GT has 277 yards rushing so far - and most of that between the tackles. Crazy.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I disagree everywhere except at the goal line where there is a scrum and there is no way to tell what is happening with the ball. In that case, if the runner is in the middle of a scrum and the scrum starts moving backwards, the lay should be dead. However, I would hate to see plays in the middle of the field where a player isn't wrapped up but is pushed backwards briefly blown dead or ruled dead. Many great plays come out of those situations.
. I would agree , but that wasn't just a scrum, it went on for several seconds.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.