How Many Times Have They Shown That Stupid Play

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
I have lost count of how many times I have seen that stupid play to end last year's Iron Bowl and each time it sickens me.
auburn always seems to name their victories over us I.E. punt Bama punt or pick six, and it occured to me that we just call ours wins. I hope with everything in me we can smash auburn in the mouth and make things right again. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I have lost count of how many times I have seen that stupid play to end last year's Iron Bowl and each time it sickens me.
auburn always seems to name their victories over us I.E. punt Bama punt or pick six, and it occured to me that we just call ours wins. I hope with everything in me we can smash auburn in the mouth and make things right again. ROLL TIDE ROLL!
Well, what can we expect what with the fact that there were folks calling it "The greatest play in college football history".

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I said last year I would change the channel whenever the play came on so I would never see it again. Today, when you change the channel, it's on the next station. Greg McElroy was analyzing the play yesterday on the SEC network. IT HAPPENED LAST YEAR AND IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

The answer to you question, millions of times. I hope Bama just hell beats Auburn today.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
As much as I hate it, and I really really HATE it, it is a big and memorable play that had a huge impact on the season.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
I understand it is a once in a life time play, but we are talking about the Iron Bowl. I'm sure there are over memorable moments for both teams they can play alongside that clip. It just get's old. I don't care if they show more Auburn moments either, just change it up some, geez.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I stopped watching the game last year when he crossed the 50. I had not seen him score on the play. I have avoided seeing it for a whole year. I have now seen it 12 times in the last 2 days.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I hate it...I mean HATE it...but it's NEVER going away. We just have to live with it because it's replaced the 'Punt Bama Punt' lowlight.

We somehow just have to move on which is easier said than done.

I know I will never feel full satisfaction with this rivalry until we can match or surpass that 6 game winning streak. It's always going to eat at me and be under my skin until we can settle that score.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I stopped watching the game last year when he crossed the 50. I had not seen him score on the play. I have avoided seeing it for a whole year. I have now seen it 12 times in the last 2 days.

Same here. I still haven't watch the whole play. I turn the channel or look away and mute the tv. Just like with the JFB touchdown....I will finally watch it after we beat them this year.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
seems to me that whenever the barn has a play like that or punt Bama punt, the sports media plays it over and over and over and over........... I have seen Tiffin kick one other time other than when it was live and I have only seen McElroy to Upchurch once (live).

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I agree that it is old and frustrating to watch....as an Alabama fan. But it was the most important play of the entire season and maybe the rivalry. UA was undefeated. Auburn was coming off a terrible 2012 season and was surviving off the Georgia game miracle. If that kick goes through the uprights, Alabama has a good chance of going to the BCSCG (and winning) for the third straight year. If the kick does not go in, then it's assumed that the game will go into overtime. The thought of a 100+yard runback with 0:00 remaining was so unfathomable. It was David defeating Goliath. The play had everything a non-UA-biased fan hoped to see.

As for me, if the recording of that play somehow got destroyed never to get played again I would be okay with that.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I wish they would show Bama putting up it's 49th unanswered point of the game from the 2012 game for every time they showed the Barn play.

Or Saban yelling at the Bama punter in 2008: "Don't you know how much I hate those guys?" when he shanked a punt in a 36-0 beatdown of the Barn.

Either of those were easily as exciting as the Barn play.

Last edited:

WaterWoman

1st Team
Nov 25, 2011
I'd rather watch a video of my spouse cheating on me... that play makes me sick to my stomach every time I see it.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I change channels whenever it comes on. I saw it once live and that's all I ever care to see it. I am to young to remember the 1972 game, but now I know how people felt about that game.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I change channels whenever it comes on. I saw it once live and that's all I ever care to see it. I am to young to remember the 1972 game, but now I know how people felt about that game.
Sitting through that debacle in Legion Field with my University of Auburn fan brother produced enough grief to last through eternity for me. Most of you youngsters be glad you only have the one from last year to bear.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.