Ohio State player missing; update: Found dead

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A missing Ohio State football player told his mother in a text message the day he disappeared that concussions had his head messed up, according to a report filed with police.

Kosta Karageorge, a 22-year-old senior defensive tackle from Columbus, was last seen at his apartment around 2 a.m. Wednesday. Team spokesman Jerry Emig confirmed that Karageorge missed practice Wednesday and Thursday, which his family says was uncharacteristic.
Karageorge's parents filed a missing-person report Wednesday evening, listing him as white, 6-foot-5, 285 pounds, bearded and bald.

His mother, Susan Karageorge, told police he has had several concussions and a few spells of being extremely confused, according to the report. She said that at about 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, he texted a message that cited the concussions and said, "I am sorry if I am an embarrassment."
http://espn.go.com/college-football...sta-karageorge-texted-concussions-mother-says

I know we have a pretty big game today, but I thought this was worth sharing, especially since we have a Buckeye on our board. I hope and pray they can find him and get him some help.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: Ohio State player missing

I have been posting updates about this for the last few days in other threads. Very strange story, and all we can do is pray that he is hiding out somewhere right now. Anything else is likely to offer a grim outcome.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I have been posting updates about this for the last few days in other threads. Very strange story, and all we can do is pray that he is hiding out somewhere right now. Anything else is likely to offer a grim outcome.
Yah, that's how I found out about it. Things like this rarely turn out well, but I sure this one does...

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio

I have been keeping up with this as well since I live in Ohio. Hoping this young man is found safe and he gets the help he needs.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Been following this all week. Best hopes go out to the young man, his family, and friends.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Yesterday morning was the first I had heard of this story and I had not seen your other posts. I cannot imagine what his parents are going through.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

As an update, he is still missing. This has gone past concern and most are now thinking suicide.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

"Several" concussions?

I know that injuries are a fact of life in football, but with all the national focus on head injuries, why this young man was allowed to play should be examined.

I pray that this ends well and the young man is found safe and sound. But I think Urb needs to be asked why the player wasn't watched more carefully and why his condition was allowed to progress to this point.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

Hoping for good news but it doesn't look good.

It may be too soon to mention it, but reading about this story, I've got to wonder: with several concussions and multiple bouts of "extreme confusion", I wonder why he hasn't already received the help he clearly needs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

"Several" concussions?

I know that injuries are a fact of life in football, but with all the national focus on head injuries, why this young man was allowed to play should be examined.

I pray that this ends well and the young man is found safe and sound. But I think Urb needs to be asked why the player wasn't watched more carefully and why his condition was allowed to progress to this point.
His concussions were not football related - they came from wrestling. He was not at OSU as a FB player - he walked onto the team to help where he could.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Hoping for good news but it doesn't look good.

It may be too soon to mention it, but reading about this story, I've got to wonder: with several concussions and multiple bouts of "extreme confusion", I wonder why he hasn't already received the help he clearly needs.
I don't have any details, but my understanding is that he was getting a lot of help. He has been suffering from "lingering" symptoms for quite a while. His brain function was simply not returning to normal. But no one seemed to be aware that he was suffering from depression (if he was) until his family members released some of his recent texts.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame

His concussions were not football related - they came from wrestling. He was not at OSU as a FB player - he walked onto the team to help where he could.
Thanks for the clarification.

Clearly however, there were red flags everywhere, or so it seems.

And I truly do pray that he's found, alive and safe, and gets back to something resembling a normal life.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I saw that and as a parent of a wrestler that concerns me. He butted heads with a guy at practice this summer and split his head open and blacked out for a few seconds.

His team went to a camp in Ohio last year and toured OSU's facilities on the way home. Your coach spent the afternoon with them showing them around. Very nice of him. I don't know if you follow the sport, but you have a pretty good program. Good luck to them this year.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

Well the body was found.. Passed away from supposively self inflicted gun shot. Sad sad news. Prayers to all his family and OSU. Can't imagine how their feeling

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

That is truly horrible. I was hoping this would turn out well. My thoughts with the family, and all those at tOSU as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.