****Bama vs. AU - Post Game Thread****

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
WOW...

I was in a funk after the 1st half.
THEN...
When Sims didn't get pulled, he came to life.
Says a lot for his desire to win.
I was happy that Sims showed he could bring us back from a deficit.

COOPER WAS COOPER. :)

:BigA:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
gus seemed to fold up shop early by not calling timeouts but what I could not understand is Why go for 2 and then yell and stomp on the sideline with 20 SEConds to go?
Made me think of the MSU game. They are taking their time moving down the field while the clock is slowly melting away.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
gus seemed to fold up shop early by not calling timeouts but what I could not understand is Why go for 2 and then yell and stomp on the sideline with 20 SEConds to go?

I said the same thing. Would have been tragic if either team got someone hurt on a meaningless play that offered no chance at changing the outcome of the game. His team got beat and after conceding that, he changed his mind.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Roll Tide! I'm very proud of the coaches and players. This has been a great football day!
The UGA-GT game was really good and so was the Egg Bowl.

Bring on Mizzou, lets do it!

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
gus seemed to fold up shop early by not calling timeouts but what I could not understand is Why go for 2 and then yell and stomp on the sideline with 20 seconds to go?
It was obvious the game was over, but there was still time on the clock and he wanted his players to finish the game on a good note. Can't stop coaching even if the game is out of reach.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
A lot to be proud of, that's for sure. Let's enjoy this win and then press on to beat Mizzou!!!
To come from behind in the second half rather than holding on from ahead stamps this 'Bama team with an identity - particularly with how this second half began. "Keep competing" indeed as The Man said.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
We can't have that many turnovers and beat a good team, Auburn isn't that good and they have a D missing in action.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hats off to:

Blake Sims - way to bounce back. After the 3 picks I really thought he had injured his achilles like the announcers said and couldn't push off on throws. What a heart!

Shout out to Bradley Sylve. I know you're fast, but you came in a shut down their guy that was killing us.

Shout out to the D-Line. They really turned it up in the second half, especially the 4th quarter and made Nick Marshall uncomfortable.

What a win! Does the 55-44 score mean we're now an up tempo team?

Krymsonman

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I'm almost at a loss for words. It was BLEAK after that 3rd INT. That 2nd Half was just Filthy by the Offense. The Defense really upped their play for the 2nd half too.

Blake Sims: 312 yrds passing, 23 rushing, and 5 Total TD's
TJ Yeldon: 127 yrds rushing 2 TD's

AND

Amari Cooper: 13 Rec's 224 Yrds and 3 TD's - HELLO....NYC Heisman Club....send the man his INVITE!!! The Biletnikoff is in the mail already.

WHAT a victory.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
"We got a turnover and scored quickly, then played pretty well, then got curb-stomped the rest of the half."

Bama fans say that about the first half, Barners about the second. We just stomped a little harder, that's all. RTR!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.