****Bama vs. AU - Post Game Thread****

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Finally settled down from that roller coaster ride!

I watched the game at my son's house so didn't get to participate in the game thread. I'm thinking of going back and reading through it for entertainment purposes but I could probably fill in the blanks myself.

The red zone defense was great and the overall 2nd half defense was really good. AU made a couple of big plays in the 2nd half but at least they were defended very well.

Sims threw too short or too late on a number of long passes over the past several games; he didn't miss the mark on the 2nd half long throws to Cooper so Cooper did not have to slow down or stop to make the catches. The AU QB nailed a few as well; hitting the receiver in stride.

AU defense was totally broken down in the 4th quarter; Bama was running all over them with Yeldon and Henry. Alabama defense did not look tired despite the number of plays.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
What a great day to be in T-town! I've been to 21 IB's but never one like this one, what a crazy back and forth game. It was a beautiful sight seeing all the orange pouring out of the stadium with their heads down and tails tucked. People can talk about the yardage our defense surrendered but their play in the red zone kept us in the game in the first half. The offense finally wore down the auburn d and the running game iced the game - especially the 7 minute drive in the 4th quarter for a td. Kudos to Blake for continuing to just play ball despite the adversity, congrats to my fellow Prattvillian Nick Perry on the int and changing momemtum toward the good guys. I'm hoping to have my voice back by Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday.

On to the ATL we go!

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
gus seemed to fold up shop early by not calling timeouts but what I could not understand is Why go for 2 and then yell and stomp on the sideline with 20 SEConds to go?
My mom asked if we thought Auburn could score 19 points when they got the ball back with 3:46 left. I told her yes because of the way they go up tempo and had 3 timeouts. However, they were taking about 15 seconds in between plays.

Auburn fans should be upset about the coaching decisions in the final quarter. He conceded the lost by not calling timeouts or going "NASCAR" like he likes to do during the game.

Ain't gonna lie. Flipping back and forth between the late games avoiding the highlights like the plague. :frown:
I change the channel every time I see the highlight of a Bama loss coming up on a show. Watching the actual game is enough for me.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
It is always good to cruise Facebook after the game and see all of the "It's still great to be an Auburn Tiger" posts.:biggrin:

TheButcher1994

Dec 1, 2013
So proud of the team and the toughness they displayed after Aubie had us on the back foot for a while! Cooper just keeps taking it to new levels and I love watching Yeldon when he is on. Roll Tide!

stormtide

Feb 6, 2013
I love the title of an article today, it describes the game and the season;

"The Empire Strikes Back"

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
My barner cousin lost a bet so she had to wear a Bama shirt all day today while she was teaching her classes. I can't get her to post a pic of it on FB. This girl is the biggest barner I know so I'm sure it was a sight to see.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
there is a lot of them and some are threatening unfriending if "anyone says anything." I couldn't help myself with some of them.
I find that funny because they were ridiculously obnoxious on FB last year after the 'you know what' play. It made cleaning up my friends list real easy.

I lost one friend face to face when they yelled 'Got a Second?' right in my face. I've tried very hard over the years to take the game less and less serious because I am passionate to a fault....but AU fans make it tough. I should have walked away....sadly I didn't.

Now I seriously have a 'no AU friends rule'. There may be some decent ones that are good people that can win with grace but I've not met one in person.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.