Confession Time!

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I had some doubts after the third pick, but then I remembered that I had on my lucky red underwear and that I had an oatmeal cream pie for breakfast. Was all good after that. Roll Tide!!!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was almost ready to leave my dad's house after that third pick, glad I didn't.

I'm still in shock that we gave up 44 points but I'm very impressed with the response of this team in the second half.

I don't know what woke Sims up but, we need to do it in the first quarter next week.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
After the int in the 3rd quarter, I had a major sinking spell. I can never stop watching the game but it was tempting tonight. I'm so glad I didn't!
This team is really special and I'm really proud of them all. RTR!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I'll man up, I thought it was O-V-E-R after Blake's last pick. But, like Coach Bryant said in that old halftime speech, "This just makes it better......"

Only thing better than beating Auburn? Beating Auburn AND ripping their hearts out while we do it.

braggtd

Suspended
Sep 25, 2011
I was worried. I was thinking Gus had Kirby and Nicks number and that Sims may have thrown his last ball at Bama after that second half INT. Glad to be proven wrong!

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
I held out hope til the end. My heart believed but my mind was trying very hard to reason with it, telling it it's just gonna get hurt again and such. I just kept thinking, I hope our players stop thinking so much, I hope they can simplify the game in their minds and just go out and hit people and enjoy themselves. Somehow, that happened.

And we finished the game with more rushing yards than them! They had a hundred in the first quarter alone. D buckled down and started hitting. There were a lot more crunches and pops in the second half.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
We have done this before. It isn't like this was our first close game.
Right, but some people are using terms like "out of it". That never was the case.

Doubt's are normal in the course of a game like this. It's the Iron Bowl, and strange things happen in this one. Malzahn has been a thorn in our side ever since he brought the sand-lot ball to west georgia. I believe doubt was warranted after the first half.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
I had to change shirts at the half. I was wearing my Alabama golf shirt to start the game, and not my old URC t-shirt from the office that I have worn every Saturday since Arkansas this Season. Sims shook the picks off, the running lanes got big enough for mack trucks to run thru, and the D started popping people in the mouths again.... I realized you just don't mess with a routine if it works for ya! ;-) ROLL TIDE!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
After LSU, I learned to never give up on the team or Sims. Bama was the better team. It was frustrating though.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Right, but some people are using terms like "out of it". That never was the case.

Doubt's are normal in the course of a game like this. It's the Iron Bowl, and strange things happen in this one. Malzahn has been a thorn in our side ever since he brought the sand-lot ball to west georgia. I believe doubt was warranted after the first half.

True, very frustrating at times. But they were never ahead by too much. I had faith we could come back on offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think it is funny that the really negative ones are that barely post after wins like this.
Some only seem to post if/when things look sketchy. It's like they need someone to rant to, so they log on and spew. When things go better they log off and get on with their lives. Maybe it helps them cope?

jaakRTR

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Lexington Alabama
I'll admit, I was frustrated at half time. But I was looking on the bright side, even as awful as the first half was, we was only down by 5 points, and even though the defense was giving up yards, we help the Boogs to field goals their first 3 trips to the red zone.

Jason

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I got very worried. But then I went in and stuck pins in a doll that I'm making that just happens to look like a certain head coach. (Hint: he is not the head coach of our team). I felt better. I also put on my special Alabama earrings. I felt much better. We began to take the game back. I felt fine!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Guys, anything beyond tonight is simply "Icing on the Cake" for me. With so many questions on both sides of the ball going into this season, I saw this as possibly a two or three loss season. And yes, with Blake's pic at the start of the third, I had my doubts about this one. But I turned to my father-in-law after we went down by 12 and said "I don't understand. Have we (Bama) not watched this Auburn secondary play this year? They couldn't cover me (age 54) or you (age 82) deep." And then BOOM Sims to Cooper on the first long TD pass.

I looked at him and said "I think we just figured this out".

Not doubting anymore. I'll never count these guys out again...against anyone. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.