Confession Time!

B

BroadwayJoe777

Very concerned after the early third quarter pick. Blake bounced back huge on the next 2 series!

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I admit, after the 3rd pick that I thought maybe Coker should go in the game. That is why CNS makes the big bucks and not me. During the game, I didn't follow the game thread but, I did note specific times to go back and look at the game thread and read the angst and then joy!

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I admit, after the 3rd pick that I thought maybe Coker should go in the game. That is why CNS makes the big bucks and not me. During the game, I didn't follow the game thread but, I did note specific times to go back and look at the game thread and read the angst and then joy!
I always read those threads after the fact. I just can't concentrate on the game and the fast-moving game threads at the same time. Sue me: I'm not a multitasker.

But they can be a tremendous source of entertainment on the morning after. That, and the mods proficient wielding of the ban hammer (on occasion).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was concerned but never to the point of giving up. I was on the fence about Coker going in. Sims wasn't doing well but that would have been a rough spot to put someone in.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i knew we would get turned around. i was glad we did it in response to the 3rd q int and didn't wait longer as i was able to relax a bit and enjoy a cold beer once we hit the fourth quarter.

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
I was nervous going into this game but for some reason knew we'd pull ahead at the end....Sure didn't want to give up that last TD though.

Last edited:

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
No doubts. Its the coach in me. You dont have time to doubt the outcome. You are always thinking of what you can do to change the momentum or counter the other team. Not once did it even cross my mind the outcome. I was focused on each play and what we were doing and watching the attitude and body language of our players. I said at the half we had to come out and play physical football and hit people. We did that even as the 3rd qtr started off negative for us. We were flying around and the hardest licks of the game were thrown in the 3rd. Our more aggressive D in the 2nd half was huge. DL played great. Shut down the run and for the most part had AU QB running for his life. LB play was almost perfect as well. At the same time our O decided to be the aggressor and put pressure on them. Sims showed heart, leadership and the Kid has the "it" factor when it comes to pressure time. He got out of focus but quickly shook that off and lead us to the Victory. He is no Game Manager.

Roll Tide.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I knew they couldn't defend us if we threw deep, but we sure waited long enough to launch our arsenal. When we were down nine I had doubts. Basically because we weren't playing defense.
When it was all on the line though we played like champions.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
i knew we would get turned around. i was glad we did it in response to the 3rd q int and didn't wait longer as i was able to relax a bit and enjoy a cold beer once we hit the fourth quarter.
You were able to wait until the 4th quarter to have a beer?

Wow, clearly you're made out of better stuff than I... :D

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
I sometimes say, "I don't know if I can watch this." When we seem to be struggling and we're behind. I said it last night, too. But I don't actually quit watching. I'd feel disloyal or something. I figure if our guys are still out there slugging away, then I need to watch and cheer. I realize they can't hear me! It would just feel wrong not to do that. Plus, this season has proven that this year's team truly does have guts and heart and they DO NOT QUIT!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.