Man, what just happened?

fralo4tide

1st Team
Jun 4, 2009
Pensacola, FL
Man, what just happened? I didn't watch most of the second half, not simply from the fact that I thought we had little chance to win, but part of my desire to cease taking the game so seriously in the future. I'm 38 years old and am trying my best to learn that is just a game, and that too many take it too far. Yeah, almost to the point of idolatry if you ask me! So I left the TV set and went upstairs to help my wife do some chores. I come back down a little while later and it was 55 to 36!

Was it halftime adjustments? Barn D start tiring? Our o-line took over?

Do tell.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Blake Sims woke up is what happened. We steamrolled them when that took place. Lets carry this momentum forward.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
My advice - if you want to learn to take the game less seriously, be willing to watch your team lose while sitting on your couch and not saying a negative word. Of course, being an Alabama fan means that you will get fewer chances to practice, but it worked for me.

As for the comeback - Alabama started playing like Alabama, and Auburn started playing like Auburn. You were the better team.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
My advice - if you want to learn to take the game less seriously, be willing to watch your team lose while sitting on your couch and not saying a negative word. Of course, being an Alabama fan means that you will get fewer chances to practice, but it worked for me.

As for the comeback - Alabama started playing like Alabama, and Auburn started playing like Auburn. You were the better team.
All of THIS^^^^^

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

This statement is very true. We just have to relax and let them play it out. This team is a fun team to watch and you never know what your going to get except them playing the entire game and maybe a little longer in some instances.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Man, what just happened? I didn't watch most of the second half, not simply from the fact that I thought we had little chance to win, but part of my desire to cease taking the game so seriously in the future. I'm 38 years old and am trying my best to learn that is just a game, and that too many take it too far. Yeah, almost to the point of idolatry if you ask me! So I left the TV set and went upstairs to help my wife do some chores. I come back down a little while later and it was 55 to 36!

Do tell.
I did that exact same thing in college. Worked well. My problem now is who I watch it with. Can't stand when people bad-mouth the coaches and players. That's when I have to leave.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I did that exact same thing in college. Worked well. My problem now is who I watch it with. Can't stand when people bad-mouth the coaches and players. That's when I have to leave.
I won't watch football with people who badmouth the players or coaches - refs are fair game. ;)

I also won't watch football with people who want to talk during plays. Really? I am watching a game here. SHUT UP!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

How can you possibly be a Buckeye fan? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

Do tell.
Maybe watching football is not for you, bud.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I won't watch football with people who badmouth the players or coaches - refs are fair game. ;)

I also won't watch football with people who want to talk during plays. Really? I am watching a game here. SHUT UP!

This is something my non-Bama friends have struggled to accept: I'll gladly watch anyone play college football as a group and accept their gracious invitations to watch a game UNLESS it's a Bama game - then I watch alone and only alone.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I don't know how people can take a game that seriously that they can get so bent out of shape to the point they can't watch anymore. I guess I just have much higher priorities in my life to worry about than who wins a football game. I love Bama football but no longer let it impact my mood/attitude. To many other important things in my life..

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Should have been with me. Wife, daughter and daughter's boyfriend are all Aubies. The wife and daughter know very little about the game, just yack constantly. Finally, about half way through the 3rd quarter, I just turned and stared at them for what seemed to be about 30 seconds and said "Do you want to ask questions or watch the game?" (Very calm, yet very matter of fact)

It stopped. When Bama started pulling away, I just sat there quietly and enjoyed....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.